Royal News Roundup: Prince Harry Vacates Frogmore Cottage, Kate Middleton Wears Symbolic Coat & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of March 2, 2023.
- A spokesperson for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle revealed that the couple has been asked to vacate their former U.K. residence, Frogmore Cottage.
- On an episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Prince Harry admitted that he requested an autograph from Mike Tindall before Mike married into the royal family.
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex have embarked on a Caribbean royal tour, where they visited the Cayman Islands, the Turks and Caicos Islands and the Bahamas.
- In honor of World Book Day, Camilla Parker Bowles chatted with Children’s Laureate Joseph Coelho about their passion for literature.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William visited the Aberavon Leisure & Fitness Centre in South Wales, where the royal couple went head-to-head in a competitive spinning race.
- The Prince and Princess of Wales traveled to Windsor to honor the Welsh Guards during the St. David’s Day Parade. Princess Catherine wore a symbolic red coat that stood out amongst the sea of gray uniforms.
- The royal couple also attended the Wales vs. England Six Nations rugby match. They were rooting for opposing teams because Prince William is patron of the Welsh Rugby Union, and Princess of Wales is patron of England’s Rugby Football League and the Rugby Football Union.
- During the rugby match, the Princess of Wales sported a coatdress from Catherine Walker & Co., which she previously donned in 2018.
- The royal family posted a stunning portrait of the Prince and Princess of Wales posing with the Prince and Princess of Norway.
- Sarah “Fergie” Ferguson debuted a brand-new portrait to celebrate her upcoming trip to New York. The photo—which was taken by professional photographer Christopher Horne—showed Ferguson looking away from the camera.
- King Charles III wrote a touching message to Ukrainians on the one-year anniversary of the Russian invasion. He added his own personal touch to the note by using his special signature.
- According to The Daily Mail, Camilla Parker Bowles may get a title update after King Charles’s coronation. Instead of “queen consort,” she may simply go by “Queen.”
- King Charles welcomed a guest to Windsor Castle: Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission. The royal family shared a photo of the get-together on social media.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.