Royal News Roundup: Prince Charles Reacts to 'The Crown,' Prince Harry Makes Surprise International Trip & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of August 18, 2022.
- Queen Elizabeth celebrated Princess Anne’s 72nd birthday by sharing a special tribute on social media. The post featured a personal message from the queen, along with a photo of Princess Anne wearing a floral outfit with a matching purple hat.
- Eric Morier-Genoud shared a photo on social media that confirms Prince Harry made a surprise trip to Africa. The duke was spotted in the coastal town of Vilanculos, located in Mozambique.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William sent a thank-you note to a 6-year-old girl who invited their son, Prince George, to her birthday party. It read, “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were immensely touched that you should take the trouble to write as you did to their son, Prince George.”
- In the latest issue of Hello! magazine, royal chef Ken Wharfe reflected on Princess Diana’s parenting style and discussed how Prince William and Prince Harry are following in her footsteps.
- To celebrate Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee this year, The Royal Mint (AKA the official maker of U.K. coins) launched a collection of three £5 coins, all of which include the queen’s iconic “Elizabeth R” autograph.
- During a private conversation with members of parliament, Prince Charles confirmed that he’s seen The Crown. The royal reportedly said, “I’m nowhere near how they portray me on Netflix.”
- Netflix is currently looking for an “exceptional young actor” to play Prince William in season 6 of The Crown. The casting notice states that all contenders must have a “strong physical resemblance” to the Duke of Cambridge.
- Princess Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, shared another glimpse of their grandmother, Cynthia Spencer, in honor of her heavenly birthday. He shared a video on Instagram featuring portraits, sketches and memorabilia that belonged to his late grandma.
- Three old pictures of Princess Diana recently resurfaced, which were taken back in 1986 when William was 4 and Harry was 1 (almost 2). The pics feature the trio riding a pony named Smokey on the grounds of Highgrove House.
- HBO’s new Princess Diana documentary, The Princess, features a controversial interview clip that her son, Prince William, doesn’t want to be shown to the public.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.