Royal News Roundup: Prince William Plays Soccer, the Prime Minister Resigns & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of October 20, 2022.
- This week, Liz Truss revealed that she’s resigning from her role as British Prime Minister. As a result, King Charles will make history by swearing in a new PM less than two months after ascending the throne.
- The royal family shared a portrait of Camilla Parker Bowles on social media. The post was a not-so-subtle tribute to Queen Elizabeth because it featured the Queen Consort posing with a bunch of Paddington Bears that were left outside of the late monarch’s residence.
- The Queen Consort attended the Booker Prize Awards with her younger sister, Annabel Elliot. And royal fans couldn’t get over the striking resemblance between the two.
- Prince William visited the Copper Box Arena with his wife, Kate Middleton, to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Coach Core charity. The Prince of Wales was seen partaking in a variety of sports, including soccer.
- Per People, Middleton’s mom Carole made a surprise trip to New Jersey. While there, she visited a few ShopRite grocery stores to commemorate the American launch of her party supplies brand, Party Pieces.
- Princess Eugenie posted a slideshow of pictures on Instagram in honor of her mom, Sarah Ferguson, who turned 63.
- Ferguson also shared a photo of herself playing with her newest family members: Queen Elizabeth’s corgis.
- The royal family announced that King Charles’s coronation ceremony will take place on May 6, 2023. The date holds a special meaning to Bowles because it’s her daughter’s wedding anniversary.
- King Charles made a surprise virtual appearance at the National Television Awards. In the clip, King Charles celebrated the 50th anniversary of Emmerdale, a long-running soap opera that was originally called Emmerdale Farm.
- In the latest Archetypes episode, Meghan Markle shared never-before-heard details about her experience working as a “briefcase girl” on Deal or No Deal.
- The Duchess of Sussex sat down for a candid interview with Variety and confirmed that director Liz Garbus (Lost Girls) is developing a docuseries about her and Prince Harry’s love story.
- Netflix released brand-new photos from The Crown season 5. The pics offered a rare glimpse of the brand-new cast, including Timothee Sambor (Prince William), Teddy Hawley (Prince Harry), Imelda Staunton (Queen Elizabeth), Elizabeth Debicki (Diana) and Dominic West (Charles).
- The streaming service also announced that the new episodes will premiere on—drumroll, please—November 9.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.