Royal News Roundup: King Charles Prepares for Second Coronation, Kate Middleton Declines Autograph & More
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of May 25, 2023.
- King Charles and his wife, Camilla Parker Bowles, will be crowned in a second coronation ceremony in Scotland, dubbed the Service of Dedication and Thanksgiving.
- In honor of Mental Health Awareness Week, Prince William teamed up with the HMS Oardacious (royal navy submariners who focus on mental health and wellbeing) and participated in a friendly rowing competition.
- King Charles and his wife, Camilla Parker Bowles, took a stroll through the Coronation Garden to learn more about the community’s sustainability efforts.
- Today, Kate Middleton stepped out in an all-pink outfit at the Foundling Museum in London. The question is: Is pink her new favorite color?
- The Princess of Wales surprised a group of school students at the Chelsea Flower Show in London. The royal used her go-to parenting move (bending down to eye-level) while speaking with the children.
- During the Chelsea Flower Show, Princess Catherine was reportedly asked by a group of students if she could autograph their drawings, but the royal had to politely decline because she would be breaking a very important rule: writing her name.
- The Princess of Wales channeled her inner Queen Bee in honor of World Bee Day. The royal shared a new photo on Instagram featuring herself suited up in a beekeeper outfit.
- Princess Anne hosted another Investiture Ceremony at Windsor Castle. This time, she awarded brothers Neil and Andrew Simpson with MBEs (or “Most Excellent Order of the British Empire”).
- Yesterday, King Charles and the Queen Consort hosted a group of guests at Hillsborough Castle. The royal family shared a video on Instagram featuring highlights from the event.
- Meghan Markle’s go-to foundation—Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (
$64; $52)—is currently on sale for 25 percent off. This is all thanks to Violet Grey’s Put It In The Bag sale, which ends on May 29.
- Fun fact of the week: Did you know Markle wears shoes that are two sizes too big? When the heels are large, it means even if Markle’s feet swell up from standing for long periods of time (at award shows and ceremonies, for instance), her skin won’t rub against the shoe, which would cause blisters.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.