- This week, Buckingham Palace announced that King Charles’s coronation ceremony will be held on May 6, 2023, at Westminster Abbey. (He must wait 12 months after ascending the throne.)
- Unlike at Queen Elizabeth’s coronation, King Charles’s spouse, Queen Consort Camilla, will be crowned alongside the monarch during the celebration.
- There’s a special connection between the coronation date and King Charles’s grandson, Archie, who will turn 4 on May 6.
Royal News Roundup: King Charles’s New Connection with Archie, Kate Middleton’s Recycled Blazer & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of October 13, 2022.
- The royal family shared a photo of Queen Elizabeth’s pony on Instagram and ensured royal followers that the animal is in good hands.
- Prince Harry discussed his two children—Archie and Lilibet—while virtually chatting with a WellChild Award recipient named Henry Waines.
- Sarah Ferguson revealed the nickname she used for her late mother-in-law, Queen Elizabeth: boss.
- During a meeting with Prime Minister Liz Truss, King Charles offered a rare glimpse inside Buckingham Palace, where he has a photo displayed from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton made a surprise visit to Northern Ireland and participated in a friendly game of “Who Can Make the Best Cocktail?”
- The Princess of Wales sent well wishes to the England women's rugby club ahead of the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand. In the video, she re-wore a familiar red blazer from Zara.
- Princess Catherine opened up about the immense pressure she felt while naming her three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Apparently Prince William Is a Total Swiftie and Now We Have Proof
Paris Hilton Stuns in Sheer Lace Dress as She Reveals Baby Daughter Deets to Kelly Ripa on ‘Live’
Julia Roberts Posts Rare Throwback of Twins Phinnaeus and Hazel in Honor of Their 19th Birthday
Serena Williams Shares Mommy-and-Me Moment with Newborn Daughter Adira in New Photo
Paris Hilton Names 3 People Who Secretly Knew About Her Baby Girl London Before the Big Reveal
Queen Camilla Changes Up Her Style (Again!) and Rocks Knee-High Boots During Latest Royal Engagement