Royal News Roundup: King Charles & Camilla Host Royal Couple, a Change to the Line of Succession & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of June 15, 2023.
- King Charles and Queen Camilla hosted King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium at Windsor Castle. During their visit to the U.K., the Belgian royals also attended the annual Founder's Day Parade at the Royal Hospital Chelsea.
- Prince William made a rare appearance with his aunt, Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh, while attending The Royal Foundation’s documentary screening of Rhino Man.
- Prince Harry made his first appearance since his historical testimony against the Mirror Group Newspapers. The duke was spotted at the Warrior Games in San Diego.
- Kate Middleton wowed in a green leopard-print dress while visiting the Riversley Park Children's Centre in Nuneaton. She paired the look with white leather heels and amethyst pear drop earrings.
- Prince William spearheaded rehearsals for King Charles's first-ever Trooping the Colour as monarch. He led the parade on horseback and wore the Guard of Honour Order.
- Prince William's uniform featured a new detail on the neckline, where the shamrock was replaced with a leek, signifying his new role as Colonel of the Welsh Guards.
- Princess Eugenie's son, Master Ernest Brooksbank officially got added to the British line of succession.
- Zara Tindall modeled the ultimate headpiece while searching for a new fascinator. It featured intricate vines and large, pink flowers.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.