Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton & Princess Anne Team Up, Prince Louis Turns 4 & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of April 29, 2022.
- This week, Kate Middleton embarked on her first joint outing with Princess Anne. They visited the London headquarters of the Royal College of Midwives and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- On April 29, Middleton and Prince William celebrated their 11th anniversary. In honor of the special occasion, the hosts of the Royally Obsessed podcast revisited an iconic moment turned meme.
- According to Daily Mail, the Duchess of Cambridge was seen getting ice cream with her oldest children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, in London. They reportedly opted for Mr. Whippy cones (a vanilla ice cream delicacy in the U.K.).
- Middleton attended a Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey in honor of Anzac Day. She wore an elegant white coat dress by Alexander McQueen and paired it with a matching headband.
- Princess Beatrice and her husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, traveled to Sweden to celebrate the launch of the World Dyslexia Assembly. The royal outing marked their first official joint appearance as a married couple.
- Princess Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, shared an old family pic on Instagram that was taken in the ’60s. Charles was two years old in the snapshot, while Diana was only five.
- According to People, singer and songwriter Ed Sheeran will perform a special musical tribute at Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee. It will take place outside of Buckingham Palace on Sunday, June 5.
- In honor of the Platinum Jubilee, Mattel released a commemorative Barbie doll that looks exactly like Queen Elizabeth.
- Her Majesty’s horse stables will now be open for public viewing. Visitors will receive a BTS tour of where the queen trains her horses.
- The royal family shared a rare throwback photo on Instagram featuring Queen Elizabeth and her late husband, Prince Philip. The caption said, “1982: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh attend the Closing Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Brisbane.”
- Ahead of Prince Louis’s 4th birthday, the royal family shared never-before-seen portraits on social media. And he looked *so* grown up.
- On his actual birthday, the family released two more pics that were also taken by Middleton.
- This week, the Countess of Wessex and her husband, Prince Edward embarked on a royal tour of the Caribbean. To kick off the trip, Sophie wore a bright red shirtdress from Giuliva Heritage and accessorized the look with slingback sandals and her go-to Tahiti bag from Sophie Habsburg.
- Princess Anne will replace her nephew, Prince Harry, as head of the Royal Marines. As a result, the 71-year-old will become the first woman to lead the RM.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.