Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton’s New Nickname, King Charles’s Striking Photos & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of August 17, 2023.
- Prince William sent a personal message on Twitter to England’s women’s soccer team, the Lionesses, after they beat the Matildas (aka Team Australia) and secured a spot in the 2023 World Cup finals.
- According to The Daily Mail, Kate Middleton snuck into the Houghton Music Festival (near her royal residence in Norfolk) with a group of friends.
- Thanks to her contributions to early childhood development, fans online have started calling Princess Catherine “The Children’s Princess.”
- King Charles shared two striking photos on social media in honor of his sister Princess Anne's 73rd birthday. One was an extremely rare picture of the siblings as young royals, which was snapped at Clarence House in July 1951.
- A childhood photo of King Charles has resurfaced that was captured in honor of his seventh birthday. In the portrait, the royal wore a traditional Scottish outfit that looked identical to the one he sported during his Scotland trip.
- King Charles III sent a heartfelt message to U.S. President Joe Biden in the wake of the Hawaii wildfires that are now considered the deadliest in modern history.
- Netflix debuted a trailer and release date for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s previously announced docuseries, Heart of Invictus.
- On a recent episode of Royally Obsessed, etiquette expert William Hanson revealed that “there is no etiquette book” for the royal family.
- In a newly-surfaced video from the 2023 Wimbledon tournament, Princess Charlotte can hardly contain her excitement after Carlos Alcaraz won the championship.
- Crown Princess Mary of Denmark returned to her royal duties after taking a summer break. The royal appeared alongside her husband, Crown Prince Frederik, at the 250th anniversary of the city of Christiansfeld.
- Prince Harry traveled to Singapore to participate in the annual Sentebale Polo Cup.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.