Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton Visits Denmark, Princess Madeleine Returns to Instagram & More
Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 25, 2022.
- Camilla Parker Bowles made a rare TV appearance on an episode of BBC Woman’s Hour. During the interview, the Duchess of Cornwall discussed a sensitive subject that she holds close to her heart: domestic violence.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton released a statement about their first joint royal tour of 2022. It confirmed that the royal couple will travel to Belize, Jamaica and The Bahamas next month to celebrate Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will be honored with the prestigious President's Award at the 53rd NAACP Image Awards. They also hand out their own honor: the NAACP-Archewell Digital Civil Rights Award.
- This week, Middleton embarked on a two-day tour of Denmark. She arrived at the airport in a bright red blazer, which she paired with black slacks.
- According to body language expert Darren Stanton, Middleton’s arrival in Denmark confirms that she’s “here to do business.” He told PureWow, “Her posture sees her standing upright, reaching out with a confident and firm handshake to ascertain her status.”
- Middleton switched up her hairstyle (again) during her visit to Denmark. Instead of rocking beachy waves, she opted for a sleek, straight 'do.
- While visiting a forest kindergarten in Copenhagen, the duchess performed her go-to parenting move: She got down at eye level with the kids.
- On day two, Middleton met with Princess Mary of Denmark, who wore an equally chic outfit. They also had nearly identical accessories, including gloves, black heels and a small handbag.
- During a visit to the University of Copenhagen, the Duchess of Cambridge cracked a joke about a hypothetical baby number four. She said, “William always worries about me meeting under-one-year-olds. I come home saying, ‘Let's have another one.’”
- Princess Madeleine of Sweden returned to Instagram after a two-month hiatus. The royal posted a never-before-seen picture of her daughter, Princess Leonore, who just turned 8.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s legal team shared another bold statement about their hesitancy to return to London. It said, “[The duke] does not feel safe when he is in the U.K. given the security arrangements applied to him.”
- Buckingham Palace released a statement confirming that Queen Elizabeth is experiencing “mild cold-like symptoms” after testing positive for COVID-19.
- The hair experts at Longevita conducted a study that determined Middleton is the most stylish royal, based on the number of fashion-related Google searches she received in one month.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.