Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton’s Childhood Photo, King Charles’s Heartfelt Message & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 9, 2023.
- Kate Middleton posted a rare childhood photo on social media, featuring herself as a baby sitting on her dad’s lap. (FYI, the pic was taken by her mom, Carol.)
- Princess Catherine and her husband, Prince William, made their first joint appearance at Falmouth since they received their new titles as Duke and Duchess of Cornwall. The princess wore a chestnut brown coat with a cozy red dress.
- According to People, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attended the surprise vow renewal ceremony between Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi.
- This week, Camilla Parker Bowles visited the STORM Family Centre to celebrate its 19th anniversary. While there, she met with survivors and learned more about the charity.
- Princess Anne kicked off the Doddie Aid Bike Ride, which is a grueling 48-hour journey across Wales, England and Scotland.
- Prince Harry filmed an encouraging video message on behalf of WellChild, which honors children and families making a difference.
- According to Princess Diana’s former butler Paul Burrell, there’s a valid reason why the royal family hasn’t addressed Prince Harry’s memoir.
- Burrell also revealed that Princess Diana didn’t want Prince Harry to follow in Prince William’s footsteps, particularly when it came to attending Eton College.
- The Royal Mail debuted its new “every day” stamp featuring the profile of King Charles III. It will begin circulation in April.
- King Charles shared a heartfelt message on Instagram for the people of New Zealand. The post featured a brand-new social media template, which has a cream-colored background with the royal crest and a navy-blue border.
- U.K. jewelry company Steven Stone conducted a report where experts analyzed royal engagement rings from around the globe and ranked them based on their value. The result confirmed that Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan has the most expensive sparkler, worth around $1.5 million.
- King Charles and the Queen Consort visited one of London’s most iconic streets: Brick Lane. The couple greeted a crowd and met members of the Bangladeshi community.
- The royal family shared a photo of King Charles shaking hands with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy at Buckingham Palace.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.