Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton Hits the Red Carpet, King Charles Honors His Late Dad & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 23, 2023.
- King Charles III will honor his late father, Prince Philip, during his upcoming coronation. As part of the musical lineup, the king will include Greek music as a tribute to his dad (who was born in Greece).
- Paul Burrell (Princess Diana’s former butler) shared never-before-heard details about Prince Harry and Prince William’s childhood. He admitted that their mother always wanted her kids to support each other.
- Burrell also revealed that there are still some secrets that Princess Diana would’ve wanted her sons to know about her life.
- King Charles visited The Felix Project in East London to learn more about the charity, which supplies pantries, shelters and other facilities with surplus food.
- Kate Middleton attended the 2023 BAFTAs alongside her husband, Prince William. The royal wore a stunning white gown by Alexander McQueen, which featured an asymmetrical neckline.
- On the red carpet, Princess Catherine gave her husband a playful tap on his bottom. (The video clip was later shared by Vogue magazine.)
- According to body language expert Darren Stanton, Princess Catherine carried herself “completely differently” from previous BAFTA appearances.
- In honor of National Pancake Day, the Princess of Wales visited the Oxford House Nursing Home where she helped the staff make breakfast.
- During the latest Investiture Ceremony, Princess Anne presented an MBE (Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) to Preet Chandi for embarking on a historic solo expedition.
- In the BCC documentary Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70, Prince William discussed his dad's work ethic and confirmed that King Charles is a bit of an overworker.
- According to The Mirror, 22 brand-new photographs of Princess Diana and Prince William will go up for auction next month.
- The royal family shared a slideshow of images featuring King Charles visiting Ukrainian military recruits who are currently being trained in the U.K.
- Sophie Winkleman (a distant relative of Queen Elizabeth) has just landed a huge acting role in the second season of the period drama, Belgravia.
- Camilla Parker Bowles celebrated the second anniversary of The Queen’s Reading Room by inviting authors and members of the literary community to Clarence House.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.