Royal News Roundup: Kate Middleton Hits the Red Carpet, King Charles Honors His Late Dad & More
Here’s all the royal news you need to know for the week of February 23, 2023.
- King Charles III will honor his late father, Prince Philip, during his upcoming coronation. As part of the musical lineup, the king will include Greek music as a tribute to his dad (who was born in Greece).
- Paul Burrell (Princess Diana’s former butler) shared never-before-heard details about Prince Harry and Prince William’s childhood. He admitted that their mother always wanted her kids to support each other.
- Burrell also revealed that there are still some secrets that Princess Diana would’ve wanted her sons to know about her life.
- King Charles visited The Felix Project in East London to learn more about the charity, which supplies pantries, shelters and other facilities with surplus food.
- Kate Middleton attended the 2023 BAFTAs alongside her husband, Prince William. The royal wore a stunning white gown by Alexander McQueen, which featured an asymmetrical neckline.
- On the red carpet, Princess Catherine gave her husband a playful tap on his bottom. (The video clip was later shared by Vogue magazine.)
- According to body language expert Darren Stanton, Princess Catherine carried herself “completely differently” from previous BAFTA appearances.
- In honor of National Pancake Day, the Princess of Wales visited the Oxford House Nursing Home where she helped the staff make breakfast.
- During the latest Investiture Ceremony, Princess Anne presented an MBE (Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) to Preet Chandi for embarking on a historic solo expedition.
- In the BCC documentary Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70, Prince William discussed his dad's work ethic and confirmed that King Charles is a bit of an overworker.
- According to The Mirror, 22 brand-new photographs of Princess Diana and Prince William will go up for auction next month.
- The royal family shared a slideshow of images featuring King Charles visiting Ukrainian military recruits who are currently being trained in the U.K.
- Sophie Winkleman (a distant relative of Queen Elizabeth) has just landed a huge acting role in the second season of the period drama, Belgravia.
- Camilla Parker Bowles celebrated the second anniversary of The Queen’s Reading Room by inviting authors and members of the literary community to Clarence House.
Stay up-to-date on every breaking royal family story by subscribing here.