The Biggest Milestones the Royal Family Celebrated in 2017
The holidays are a time to reflect on the year’s achievements—like crushing that meeting with your CEO or finally learning how to properly pronounce GIF (just remember—it sounds like the peanut butter). If we had to guess, the royal family probably loves checking off a milestone box as much as the rest of us, and between Kate Middleton’s baby announcement and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s engagement, they have a lot to celebrate this year. Here, ten major milestones Queen Elizabeth II and co. achieved in 2017.
1. Queen Elizabeth Celebrated Her Sapphire Jubilee
Cheers to 65 years, Lillibet.
2. And Prince George & Princess Charlotte Got Dolled Up for Auntie Pippa’s Wedding
Char was a bridesmaid. George was jel.
3. Princess Charlotte Performed Her First Royal Curtsy Perfectly, Natch
Those yummy little knees!
4. and Kate Middleton Debuted Baby (Bump) Number Three
T minus four months, people.
5. Prince George Bravely Entered Kindergarten
FYI: He's already over this whole school thing.
7. He and Her Majesty Also Celebrated Their Platinum Anniversary
To celebrate 70 years of marriage, they probably had this for dessert.
8. And Prince Harry Put a Ring on It
Meghan Markle is not a regular future duchess. She’s a historic future duchess, thank you very much.
9. Meghan Markle Crushed Her First Public Engagement
Was anyone really surprised?
10. And, Finally, Prince Harry & Prince William Made Their Galactic Debut
As Stormtroopers in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, no less.