11 Met Gala 2017 Moments That Blew Our Minds
Once a year, a majestic evening takes place in the grand city of New York where all things glitter, embellished, feathered and avant-garde are celebrated by Hollywood and the fashion industry’s crème de la crème. Yes, the annual Met Gala (aka fashion's really fancy-pants prom) took place last night, May 1, and fêted iconoclastic designer Rei Kawakubo and her coveted clothing line Comme des Garçons. Historically speaking, whenever there is glitz, glamour and exclusivity, there are impractical tiny clutches (with a max carrying capacity of one baby tooth), bottles poppin’, rampant condescension and Becky with the good hair. Here, 11 moments the 2017 Met Gala did not fail to measure up to her past party predecessors (sans that whole thing with Beyoncé and Solange versus Jay Z in the elevator).
1. Sarah Paulson Had No Chill
Same, Sarah. Same.
2. And Nicki Minaj Made The Olsens Really Uncomfortable
Do we look happy?
3. When A-Rod Captured J Lo Being Captured On The Red Carpet
So meta. J-Rod, you do J-Rod and celebrate that red carpet debut.
4. When J Lo Danced Like No One Was Watching
Because literally no one can touch flawless Queen J Lo.
5. When Everyone Channeled Their Inner High School Self and Smoked Cigs In the Bathroom
You’re not cool unless you sit on the incredibly unsanitary floor of the ladies’ room and hotbox nicotine. Everybody’s doing it...
6. And Jaden Smith Brought His Lovely Date, His Dead Hair
Mom, Dad, I swear you’re going to love her!
7. When Diddy Took A Quick Breather
8. And Celine Dion Made A Collect Call With Her Heel
The woman can do no wrong.
9. When Selena Gomez & Some Guy (Fine, The Weeknd) Took The Most Beautiful Wedding Portraits
We’re just kidding. Clearly this is not Selena Gomez’s wedding because Justin Bieber isn’t in the photo.
10. And Then This Happened
You can't sit with us.
11. And Finally, When Serena Williams Bared Her Beautiful Baby Bump