- Last week, Kelly Ripa took control as lead host of Live with Kelly and Ryan. (FYI: Ryan Seacrest was MIA because he was in Las Vegas for the iHeart Radio Music Festival.)
- Luckily, Ripa’s husband, Mark Consuelos, filled in for Seacrest while he was out. Producers shared a behind-the-scenes clip on Instagram, featuring the married couple making their way to their seats. Consuelos’s stint didn’t last very long, since Seacrest returned to Live the following day.
- Fast-forward to this week, and the Riverdale star made a surprise appearance two days in a row. In a behind-the-scenes clip, Consuelos and Ripa are holding hands as they walk across the stage. “Good morning!” she says. “Monday, September 27, 2021. Filling in for Ryan today is Mark Consuelos.”
- Ripa documented her and Consuelos's trip to the University of Michigan, where their son, Joaquin, is a freshman. “Go blue!” she wrote on Instagram.
Kelly Ripa News Roundup: Familiar Fashion, Surprise ‘Live’ Guests & More
Here, all the Kelly Ripa news you need to know for the week of September 28, 2021.
- Live fans noticed that Seacrest always does one thing before assuming his spot on stage: He pulls out Ripa’s chair before she sits down. Consuelos followed suit while serving as a guest co-host (natch).
- During a recent episode, Ripa wore a pair of green statement pants by Acne Studios. She topped off her look with a black button-down top and loose waves.
- Remember when Anderson Cooper served as a guest co-host of Live? Well, he returned for a recent episode during “Live’s Record Breaker Week,” where he helped Ripa attempt to break the record for the tallest toilet paper tower in 30 seconds.
- Ripa attended the U.S. Open and shared a slideshow of photos on social media. “I had the best time, even if it doesn’t show in the second to last pic,” she wrote.
- Ripa’s sleeves stole the show during an installment of the popular talk show. The mother-of-three opted for a cream-colored Laure Dress from designer Isabel Marant, which features balloon sleeves, button closures and a high neckline.
- Last week, Ripa wore a black and white patterned dress from Isabel Marant and white pumps. She completed the look with her favorite Prada belt that we’ve seen a handful of times over the last year.
- The host also proved that she’s the queen of recycling her wardrobe. Ripa rocked a super-flattering midi dress from Stine Goya that features a multicolor landscape pattern with palm trees and mountains splashed throughout. (She originally wore the item last year.)
Stay up-to-date on all the latest Kelly Ripa news by subscribing here.
More Stories You'll Love
Serena Williams Shares Behind-the-Scenes Video from Her First Red Carpet Event Since Giving Birth to Baby Adira
‘Virgin River’ Star Alexandra Breckenridge Jokes That She Gives Out Medical Advice Because She Plays a Nurse on TV
Sarah Ferguson and Her Daughters Had a Red Carpet Matching Moment at Princess Eugenie’s Charity Event
Blake Lively Jokes That Beyoncé and Taylor Swift Don’t Need to Feel Threatened by Her ‘Pop Stardom’ in New Post
Simone Biles Shows Off Festive Athleisure Sets on Instagram: ‘Holiday 'Fits Coming in Strong’
Catherine O’Hara and Macaulay Culkin Had a ‘Home Alone’ Reunion at Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony