- Last week, Kelly Ripa took control as lead host of Live with Kelly and Ryan. (FYI: Ryan Seacrest was MIA because he was in Las Vegas for the iHeart Radio Music Festival.)
- Luckily, Ripa’s husband, Mark Consuelos, filled in for Seacrest while he was out. Producers shared a behind-the-scenes clip on Instagram, featuring the married couple making their way to their seats. Consuelos’s stint didn’t last very long, since Seacrest returned to Live the following day.
- Fast-forward to this week, and the Riverdale star made a surprise appearance two days in a row. In a behind-the-scenes clip, Consuelos and Ripa are holding hands as they walk across the stage. “Good morning!” she says. “Monday, September 27, 2021. Filling in for Ryan today is Mark Consuelos.”
- Ripa documented her and Consuelos's trip to the University of Michigan, where their son, Joaquin, is a freshman. “Go blue!” she wrote on Instagram.
Kelly Ripa News Roundup: Familiar Fashion, Surprise ‘Live’ Guests & More
Here, all the Kelly Ripa news you need to know for the week of September 28, 2021.
- Live fans noticed that Seacrest always does one thing before assuming his spot on stage: He pulls out Ripa’s chair before she sits down. Consuelos followed suit while serving as a guest co-host (natch).
- During a recent episode, Ripa wore a pair of green statement pants by Acne Studios. She topped off her look with a black button-down top and loose waves.
- Remember when Anderson Cooper served as a guest co-host of Live? Well, he returned for a recent episode during “Live’s Record Breaker Week,” where he helped Ripa attempt to break the record for the tallest toilet paper tower in 30 seconds.
- Ripa attended the U.S. Open and shared a slideshow of photos on social media. “I had the best time, even if it doesn’t show in the second to last pic,” she wrote.
- Ripa’s sleeves stole the show during an installment of the popular talk show. The mother-of-three opted for a cream-colored Laure Dress from designer Isabel Marant, which features balloon sleeves, button closures and a high neckline.
- Last week, Ripa wore a black and white patterned dress from Isabel Marant and white pumps. She completed the look with her favorite Prada belt that we’ve seen a handful of times over the last year.
- The host also proved that she’s the queen of recycling her wardrobe. Ripa rocked a super-flattering midi dress from Stine Goya that features a multicolor landscape pattern with palm trees and mountains splashed throughout. (She originally wore the item last year.)
Stay up-to-date on all the latest Kelly Ripa news by subscribing here.