The 8 Most Epic Grammys Performances of All Time
The Grammy Awards wrap music’s crème de la créme together in one stylish and entertaining package. And when renowned musicians get together to drop the mic (sorry, had to), the results are always memorable. From Tina Turner teaming up with Beyoncé to Lady Gaga rocking out with Metallica, here, eight of the most powerful Grammys performances.
1. When Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand Melted Our Cold Hearts (1980)
Such a powerful rendition of “You Don’t Bring Me Flowers.” Damnit, who’s chopping onions?
2. And Michael Jackson Made Us Want to Stick to Our New Year’s Resolutions (1989)
Jackson’s stripped-down performance of “Man in the Mirror” started with a man, his flood pants and a microphone. It ended with an enormous choir walking onstage and a catharsis for all.
4. And Christina Aguilera, Mya, Pink, Lil’ Kim, Missy Elliott & Patti Labelle Epitomized Girl Power (2002)
We kinda want to gitchy gitchy ya ya some of those outfits, though.
5. When Beyoncé & Tina Turner Made Us All ‘Proud Marys’ (2008)
Two divas. Two mind-blowing sets of pipes. One amazed audience.
6. And Pink Took Music to New Heights (2010)
Glitter bodysuits, waterworks and acrobatics. Pink’s 2010 “Glitter in the Air” performance had it all.
7. When Adele’s Voice Was All We Needed (2012)
No fireworks or frills necessary here. Adele’s rendition of “Rolling in the Deep” was practically perfect in every way.
8. And Finally, When Lady Gaga & Metallica Were the Musical Mashup We Never Knew We Needed (2017)
What can we say? We were drawn to Mother Monster and Metallica’s performance like a moth into flame…even with the microphone mishaps.