Achieve Emma Stone’s Effortlessly Chic Golden Globes ’Do in 6 Easy Steps
Updos: Great in theory; impossible for hair beginners. But what if we were to say that you can achieve Emma Stone’s 2018 Golden Globes hairstyle sans the hair-pulling frustration?
Stone’s hair stylist Mara Roszak gave us the 4-1-1 on the La La Land star’s head-turning Golden Globes updo and, more importantly, how we can replicate the windswept look at home. Here’s what you need to know.
1. After washing, apply a root-lifting spray to damp hair before blow-drying (Roszak’s fave is the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer) with a round brush. (Blow hair away from your face to create a fresh, windswept look.)
2. Once dry, create soft waves by curling hair toward your face with a one-inch curling iron.
3. Next, prepare for the unthinkable. Brush out your hard-earned curls and apply a decent amount of dry shampoo (think day three of not washing your hair) to add texture.
4. Using your hands, gather your hair into a faux low ponytail and twist upward to create a French twist.
5. When you’re happy with the placement of your updo, insert bobby pins and add a light mist of hair spray to secure the look in place.
6. Finish by pulling out several small strands around the perimeter of your face and gently pinching your roots to add volume.
Et voila! Updo perfection.