Even the queen knows we're all on pins and needles awaiting the birth of Baby Sussex...so much so that Buckingham Palace issued a statement that seems to be a direct response to rumors that Baby Sussex might already be born, and that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were keeping it private until they were ready to share the news with the world.
On Thursday, B.P. told Entertainment Tonight Canada the baby had not been born yet, and that the media would be notified as soon as the duchess went into labor.
Royal stans were concerned that the birth of Baby Sussex was being kept secret, since the Palace had previously released a statement that said, “Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private. The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family.”
And just this week, it was announced that Prince Harry would be traveling to the Netherlands for one day on May 9 to announce the one-year countdown to the Invictus Games 2020, sending royal baby watchers into a tizzy over the birth date of the baby. (Because, would the duke really leave only a few days after the birth of his first child? We were confused, too...)