Another year, another crop of amazing books we wish we had more time to read. Thankfully, Amazon's editors have narrowed down our to-read list a bit, choosing their favorite books of 2017. For a taste, here are the top ten:
1. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann
From the author of The Lost City of Z, a twisting, true-life murder mystery about one of the most monstrous crimes in American history.
2. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
A novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture-perfect Richardson family and the mother-daughter duo who upends their lives.
3. Beartown: A Novel by Fredrik Backman
A charming and unconventional story about a grandparent and a child, from the author of A Man Called Ove.
4. Exit West: A Novel by Mohsin Hamid
A moving love story about the forces that drive ordinary people from their homes into the uncertain embrace of new lands.
5. Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari
Compelling and thought-provoking, a book about humanity’s future and our quest to upgrade humans into gods.
6. Lincoln in the Bardo: A Novel by George Saunders
Saunders's first novel imagines Abraham Lincoln in the aftermath of the death of his 11-year-old son and is as strange as it is gripping.
7. The Heart's Invisible Furies: A Novel by John Boyne
A sweeping, heartfelt saga about the course of one man's life, beginning and ending in post-war Ireland.
8. You Don't Have to Say You Love Me: A Memoir by Sherman Alexie
Alexie's deeply moving memoir covers family (specifically, his relationship with his mother), love, loss and forgiveness.
9. Sourdough: A Novel by Robin Sloan
Sloan, who wrote Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, turns his focus to food, namely, one woman's pursuit of the perfect loaf of sourdough bread.
10. The Dry: A Novel by Jane Harper
Harper's debut is a page-turner of a mystery about a small town hiding big secrets.
Click over to Amazon for the full list, then get reading.