The season of refreshing and redecorating is almost here—and we all know what that means: It’s time for a Target run. Indeed, Target is the only store on earth where we walk in looking for a fresh-smelling laundry detergent and walk out with an entire bedroom makeover. (And don’t even get us started on the hours we’ve wasted in their virtual decor aisle, which includes exclusive pieces from famous designers like Joanna Gaines and Justina Blakeney). Ahead, we’ve rounded up 15 pieces of spring decor that’ll ignite your urge to splurge (as if you needed an excuse).
The Target Spring Decor Section Is Next Level, and These 15 Pieces Aren't to Be Missed
Trending Spring Decor for 2023
ICYMI, heritage interiors are all the rage–and Target's latest arrivals are showcasing the best of the trend (albeit, at a price point you can actually afford). We're talking everything from dark wood and stone/clay finishes to classic floral prints in taupe/cream hues (as opposed to last year's craze over oakwood and neutral grey). Take it from Studio McGee's collaboration with Threshold, where the brand's signature, modern farmhouse look is getting a traditional makeover with antique brass finishes, plaid prints and rural artwork (see: number seven on this list).
Best Throw Blanket
1. Threshold Feathery Border Striped Throw Blanket
- Why We Love It: Midweight soft knit fabric, Oeko-Tex certified, generous 60-inch by 50-inch size
If you love the fan-favorite Barefoot Dreams throw, this number from Threshold is the perfect lightweight alternative for spring. Not only does it feature a cozy blend of Oeko-Tex certified polyester and nylon, but it also comes in a neutral hue with contrasting border stripes that make it a classic design that’ll add texture to any sofa.
Best Decorative Pillow
2. Studio McGee x Threshold Woven Block Sqaure Pillow
- Why We Love It: Removable, machine-washable cover, jacquard fabric is woven from cotton, linen and viscose for a timeless look
The one trend we predict will be everywhere this spring? Heritage designs. This pillow is a great way to try the look on a budget. It’s woven with a jacquard texture for a timeless finish and features a machine-washable blend of linen, cotton and viscose. One person writes, “[This pillow has a] gorgeous embroidered look—it’s the perfect combination of soft beige, and texture [that] goes well in any space.” It’s also worth noting that many reviewers mention swapping the included insert for something heftier: “I much prefer feather inserts vs. the poly-fill [this pillow] comes with… thankfully, [the zipper] makes the swap easy,” they add.
3. Threshold Olive Leaf and Oud Candle
- Why We Love It: Notes feature amber, rose and geranium, 20-hour burn time, sleek ceramic vessel
Another décor item we’re loving for spring? This calming, earthy candle, which features a heavenly combination of amber, rose and geranium notes. Take it from one reviewer who raves: “This candle smells AMAZING!!! [It] smells like roses mixed with bergamot—not sweet/floral, but woodsy/musky. Smells just like the Jo Malone velvet rose and oud candle (but this one’s only $16)!” Another person adds: “The scent projects well throughout my apartment. I can definitely smell it when I walk into the room, but I don’t find it overbearing by any means.”
4. Hearth & Hand With Magnolia Heathered Slub Curtain Panel
- Why We Love It: Heathered slub-fabric is available in two neutral colors, machine washable, includes rod pocket and back tabs for easy hanging, Oeko-Tex certified
Dramatic drapery is all the rage right now, with grandma-chic bedrooms inspired by traditional countryside homes making a major comeback. Hop on the trend with this heathered slub-textured fabric (which also happens to be machine washable). The panels are Oeko-Tex certified and their thick-lined backing stops sunlight from passing through, while the classic rod pocket and back tabs allow for a quick and easy installation.
Best Indoor/Outdoor Rug
5. nuLOOM Kera Persian Area Rug
- Why We Love It: Vintage meets boho design, can be used both indoors and outdoors, stain-, spill- and scratch-resistant, machine washable
Planning on giving your boho living room a makeover? Start with this distressed diamond-patterned Persian rug that was designed with nuLOOM. First and foremost: It can be used both indoors and outdoors, it’s stain-, spill- and scratch-resistant and machine washable. Beyond this, its red southwestern pattern is offset by a lightly distressed finish for a subtle, edgy flair (aka it strikes the perfect balance between boho and vintage).
6. Opalhouse x Jungalow Printed Fabric Mirror
- Why We Love It: Design includes wooden and fabric materials, minimalist-maximalist style, great entryway piece
Feel like your entryway console needs a ‘lil something extra? Try hanging this one-of-a-kind wall mirror. It features a wooden frame with paisley, fabric printed borders—thus, totally nailing the minimal-maximal trend—and the 24-inch by 36-inch size makes it the perfect anchor piece for an entryway (or living room or vanity…). One reviewer shares: “The details are beautiful—and the design is even better in person. [It’s the] perfect mirror for the hallway in my home.”
Best Wall Art
7. Studio McGee x Threshold Framed Landscape Study
- Why We Love It: Traditional oil painting, classic yet contemporary with an antique gold frame, can be swapped with another framed Studio McGee artwork
Traditional art lovers, this one goes out to you. This oil painting features an earth-toned landscape that can instantly bring a classic vibe to your study (hence, its name). Plus, it’s set in an antique gold frame that makes it feel current, instead of stuffy. One reviewer writes: “[This painting] is beautiful and the frame is great. Vintage organic feel. Shades of green stand out [and I love how it has an] earthy hue that goes great with my neutral space.” They also add: “What's great is that I used the old screws in the wall from [another Studio McGee painting], and this one slid right in perfectly!”
Best Table Lamp
8. Uttermost Adjustable Desk Lamp
- Why We Love It: Industrial meets luxe design, includes a pivoting shade, set on a thick crystal base
If there’s one thing that’s worth splurging on this season, it’s your lighting. (Read: Selling Sunset stars on how to make your home sell faster). First, because it can instantly elevate a space with texture, dimension, and of course, ambient lighting. But more importantly, it can serve as a functional working piece that offers more than just good looks. Take this luxury desk lamp, for example, which includes a pivoting shade for an adjustable, targeted light. (Along with a warm brushed brass finish and showstopping, thick-crystal base that’s hard to ignore.)
9. Threshold Freeform Indoor/Outdoor Planter
- Why We Love It: Ceramic freeform shape is unique, cream textured finish adds interest, can be used indoors and outdoors
If you’ve recently taken up gardening (or you’re planning on making it your spring hobby), you’ll need some beautiful planters. More specifically, this rounded ceramic one, which features a freeform shape that offers an eclectic, yet understated vibe. Not to mention, the cream textured finish coordinates with a wide range of decor styles and its 12.5-inch by 12.5-inch size makes it perfect for housing patio hydrangeas and living room ferns alike.
Best Faux Greenery
10. Threshold Trailing Prayer Plant in Basket
- Why We Love It: Includes an artificial prayer plant in a braided rattan planter, small size makes it great as shelf- and tabletop-decor
Have a black thumb? We got you covered. This artificial prayer plant looks just as good as the real deal—and it requires zero care. Plus, it comes in a chic rattan basket in a compact, 11-inch size that makes it a great piece of shelf- or tabletop-decor.
Best Storage Basket
11. Threshold Braided Basket with Leather Handles
- Why We Love It: Basket is woven from eco-friendly water hyacinth, features a striped design with faux-leather handles, easy to carry
Next on our list of functional yet fashionable pieces: This rustic storage basket, which is woven from eco-friendly Water Hyacinth. It comes in two sizes—large and small—where the larger option comes in a generous 14.25-inch by 13-inch size (that can house everything from rain boots to umbrellas). Plus, it has leather handles, which make it a viable (and much more aesthetically pleasing) alternative to your dinged-up laundry basket.
12. Studio McGee x Threshold Clarkdale Ottoman
- Why We Love It: Upholstered with channel tufted fabric, available in 3 bouclé and velvet finishes, curvy silhouette, wood base makes it sturdy
Fact: Curvy furniture isn’t going anywhere this season. Another fact: Neither are velvet and bouclé fabrics. Combine the best of both trends with this slim, channel-upholstered ottoman. “[This is the] perfect addition to my new chair,” one reviewer writes. “[It’s] super plush and gives a boho/chic feel to my decor that I love! No assembly is required, it cleans up well and [can] be moved to the perfect [location] with ease.” Another reviewer adds: “The velvet is a beautiful shade of brown, on the lighter side, very neutral and soft.” And if brown isn’t your thing, it’s just as beautiful in the olive velvet and white bouclé fabric options.
13. Hearth & Hand With Magnolia Record Player
- Why We Love It: Built-in Bluetooth speakers, 3-speeds with pitch control, portable, handle makes it easy to carry, includes a DC power adapter, phono cartridge and RCA cable
This vintage-inspired turntable is another great example of form-meets-function. Not only does it have pitch control and stereo speakers for your favorite records, but it also includes a built-in Bluetooth receiver that allows you to stream your digital music through the turntable's speakers. “The sound is great, doesn’t sound scratchy and it doesn’t skip. I love that it also has Bluetooth,” writes one reviewer.
14. Studio McGee x Threshold Indoor/Outdoor Woven Accent Rug
- Why We Love It: Crafted from indoor/outdoor fabric, flat pile doesn’t bunch at the front door, ethically handmade and goodweave certified
Handmade with a weather-proof, durable polyester fabric, this woven doormat features a striped, fringed-edge design that can elevate a space without overpowering it. It was intentionally crafted with a flat-pile height, so it’s easy to clean and maintain (and will hold up—rain or shine). “The coloring of this rug is even better in person! It’s great for [the] front door as it allows the door to open without getting scrunched up. The tassels also lay beautifully,” one reviewer says.
Best Candle Warmer
15. Threshold Matte Stoneware Wax Warmer
- Why We Love It: Stoneware ceramic finish gives it a modern feel, holes allow you to see when the light is on/off, warming bulb heats wax in under 15 minutes, burns a smoke-free aroma
Aside from its good looks, this stoneware ceramic candle warmer has a 4.5-star rating with more than 450 reviews for two main reasons: It works with virtually any kind of candle wax and it can fill your entire home with heavenly scents in under 15 minutes. One reviewer shares, “My apartment does not allow candles and I am happy I came across this warmer. It is much safer, burns fast and makes my place smell amazing without being too overwhelming. I also like the designs and how the light peaks through. I honestly think I prefer these over candles.” Another adds: “It melts the wax well, and [I also love how it can fit] two ice-cube sized wax pieces at one time in the bowl.”
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.