If you previously only thought of Wayfair as your one-stop-shop for furniture and decor, we've been there: We were totally on the same page. That is, until we discovered the site is also home to some truly ingenious storage solutions, kitchen gadgets and more. From a set of 14 sparkling glass food storage containers to a surprising and delightful window bird feeder, there are dozens of random-but-useful items we've deemed as game-changers. Better yet, they're all on sale for up to 80 percent off thanks to Wayfair Way Day, which is "the biggest and best Wayfair sale of the year," according to the retailer. Not only can you expect "better-than-Black-Friday-deals," you can also shop freely without being tied down by a membership or even needing to input a promo code. That said, if you sign up as a new customer, you'll get an additional 10 percent off your first Wayfair purchase. You can also enjoy free shipping at this year's event.
20 Random-but-Useful Wayfair Products to Grab for Way Day 2023
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
When Is Way Day 2023?
Way Day is a 48-hour sale that started this morning, Wednesday, April 26, at 12 a.m. ET; it lasts through tomorrow, Thursday, April 27, at 11:59 p.m. ET. So shop now, to nab the deals before they're gone.
What Are the Best Way Day Deals?
- Up to 80 percent off area rugs
- Up to 65 percent off outdoor lighting and decor (specifically, patio umbrellas and string lights)
- Up to 75 percent off bedding (a little birdie told us this $29 deal on the Three Posts Courtemanche duvet cover set won't last long)
- Up to 60 percent off living room seating
- Up to 65 percent off kitchen and dining furniture
- Up to 60 percent off patio furniture (shoppers have their eye on this Arnerich wicker sectional and table in particular, so act quickly)
- Up to 50 percent off small kitchen appliances (hello, air fryers)
- Up to 50 percent off grills
- Coolest Feature: handles stay cool even when pot is heated
- Promising Review: "I got two of them in white. They each hold 8 ounces and are very cute. I’m mostly going to use them as small serving containers, but they can go in the oven or microwave if you want to cook in them."
This dish reaches just under 4 inches in diameter, which is a great personal size for a Thanksgiving dinner dish or displaying an array of dips on a charcuterie board. It’s dishwasher safe and has a cool-touch handle, so even when the dish is hot, the handle stays touchable.
Tidy Kitchen Essential
- Coolest Feature: silicone-snap lids are dependable and easy to make airtight
- Promising review: "Sturdy and leak-proof! Love being able to pop these in the oven without worry."
Basically, this is a one-click way to neaten your kitchen while ensuring your food prep is safe and healthy. First off, there's nothing better than having all your leftovers peeking back at you from the fridge or freezer in matching sleek glass containers, such as these 14 glass containers with matching lids. Secondly, the silicone lids dependably snap onto their vessels with an airtight click, and the whole thing is BPA-free and safe to go from freezer to oven to microwave, and then, yes, just pop in the dishwasher.
- Coolest Feature: fits six slices of toast or an 11-inch pizza
- Promising Quote: "Perfect toaster oven. I love it so much, that when my last one broke (had it about 12 years), I bought the same model again! Even fits a large round plate because the back is rounded."
Big performance (1800 watts of power) in a compact footprint (the oven measures just 12 inches wide) is the sell here from trusted countertop oven brand Cuisinart. Set it to cooking modes bake, broil, toast, warm, or, let's be real, our favorite setting, pizza, then put your meal on the auto-slide-out rack them let the oven do the rest. Bonus: The front removable crumb tray has a cool-touch grip, so you can clean up without waiting for heat to fully dissipate.
Most convenient cleaning tool
- Coolest Feature: comes with 3- and 6-inch cleaning attachments
- Promising Review: "Works great! My dog had diarrhea inside the house and I used this to clean it and you couldn’t even tell."
At less than 15 pounds, this little carpet and upholstery cleaner is going to change how you feel when there's any spills or accidents in your home or car—namely, it will be NBD because you can just plug in the 22-inch cord, fill up the .75 gallon tank and use a little of the included 8-ounce professional-strength stain cleaner to shampoo away your problem. The 5-foot hose has a 6-inch attachment for stairs and a 3-inch attachment to really concentrate on inky, stinky or chocolatey stains in your living room or car. Bonus: There's a two-year warranty.
Fancy Cocktail Hour Upgrade
- Coolest Feature: lead-free sparkling crystal glass
- Promising Review: "Omg, I love these!...I've made these my WFH water glasses!
Whether you know a Scotch drinker or someone who's on the water wagon, either camp will appreciate this gorg set of tumblers made of lead-free crystal. They hold 9 ounces, so while they're no replacement for a Stanley Cup or a beer stein, the effect of drinking from such a beautiful glass is going to make any beverage inside them seem like pure nectar.
Speediest Prep Hack
- Coolest Feature: comes with whisk, 32-oz. beaker and food processor/chopper attachment
- Promising Review: "Just the right blender and exactly what I had in mind. Easy to use, quick cleanup. More powerful than I expected."
This lightweight tool is indispensable for making milkshakes, smoothies, meringue, batters, whipped cream, to salsa, guacamole, soup, pesto or potatoes—you name it. The no-splash design means that even when you're zapping it at turbo level (the highest of its six speeds), it's not going to splash everywhere. And the food processor attachment means no more tearful hand-chopping onions, among other tasks it does for you, thanks to this 3.17 pound, 18-inch tall kitchen soldier.
Surprising Nature Delight
- Coolest Feature: polycarbonate window allows for up-close bird watching
- Promising Review: "This is a great addition to our home and for the birds. We have Blue Jays that I feed with this and it is really fun to watch them interact with us and the feeder."
Built with a semicircular top and base and fitted with a clear curved window, this feeder fits inside your window—just dot the little shelf with birdseed and watch for a range of feathered guests. It fits most most single and double-hung windows from 27 inches to 36 inches wide thanks to two adjustable PVC panels, and the whole thing weighs 8 pounds, so it's not too cumbersome to install, yet will be sturdy enough to hold all the hungry birds. Mother's Day gift, anyone?
A Must for Cat Lovers
- Coolest Feature: includes three cushions and three mats
- Promising Review: "This is a great cat tree! I love that it is a lot more modern looking, but still comfortable and functional. It’s super easy to clean and sturdy."
Your kitty is going to love sleeping in or scratching away at this cat tree. It’s 47 inches tall and has a tip-resistant construction for balance. Cats enjoy the four different climbing levels, the spacious set of beds with side doors and the round holes for peeking though. Plus, the top deck and basket lounge are great places to doze off while still seeing what's going on.
- Coolest feature: ring-shaped metal handles
- Promising Review: "The perfect wicker basket to hold blankets in our living room. You could also use it for towels. It is solid. It is rustic. It is good quality. It holds its shape perfectly."
Woven with dried natural plant fibers and jazzed up with shiny metal rings, this contemporary-yet-classic basket is ideal for placing by your front door, so family and friends can put their shoes, tote bags and whatever else in it and know where their items are when it's time to leave. Measuring 21 inches long by 17 inches wide, it's the ideal size to tuck under an entrance table or place in a corner of a family room, too.
Top Anti-Clutter Furniture
- Coolest Feature: bright cubbies help teach organization
- Promising Review: "I bought two of them and had a custom cushion made to put on top, so my son can sit comfortably on it as well. Great addition that really helps keep the toys hidden from view."
Teaching kids to keep their room or play area tidy is a key skill, and this cute bench/toy chest combo is going to help you and your kids develop it together. It's roomy, but has a small footprint, and still fits all the little bits and bobs your kids love to play with. The color-coded arrangement will help everyone remember what they put where, and the top supports up to 100 pounds of pressure, so a couple children can even sit atop it simultaneously.
Excellent Patio Refresh
- Coolest Feature: attached side tables give you a place to rest drinks and your phone
- Promising Review: "This swing is amazing and came with colorful solar lights, making it look like we are in Mexico on the beach. It’s beautiful and comfortable."
At 61 inches wide, this canopied porch swing has a small enough build not to take over your entire patio. The durable metal frame and polyester cushions are nice and comfy, and the canopy up top is adjustable for just the amount of sun shade you're after. Altogether, it weighs 96 pounds and is cleared to support 750 pounds, so once you've assembled it, you'll have a sturdy spot for soaking in the great outdoors without worrying about wind or other elements damaging it.
- Coolest Feature: switch-on nozzle lets you toggle between aerated stream and strong spray
- Promising Review: "Not only is it sleek and charming, it seems to be of great quality too. The mechanics of the faucet are extremely user friendly and very impressive."
Borrowing a design that's popular in professional kitchens, the spray head on this faucet can be pulled out up to 14 inches, making it easy to fill your water pitcher or pot without having to shimmy it down past the dirty dishes in the sink (no judgment). The faucet comes in multiple finishes, including matte black and stainless steel, but it's the shiny chrome version we're loving for its matches-anything material and up to 69 percent off sale price.
Top Home Office Upgrade
- Coolest Feature: can be locked upright or set to tilt
- Promising Review: "Super soft and comfortable. Will be great for an eight-hour workday. Easy to put together."
Not only is this office chair lovely enough to evoke the type of envy-inducing home office you'd see on Pinterest, it gets raves for its comfort. Users can adjust the seat height from 20 to 23 inches, the seat depth is 28 inches, and the chair back height is 43 inches, so it will accommodate a wide range of users, too. And the champagne-toned upholstery is commercial-grade velvet, so it's going to last (the company thinks so, too—the chair has a six-year limited warranty).
Fab Accent Piece
- Coolest Feature: convenient foot switch means no fumbling for on-off button
- Promising Review: "LOVE this lamp. I’m using it in a living room with a modern mid-century vibe. Great quality for the low price, unique, and so easy to assemble."
Whether you have a boho-style interior or a modern one, this lamp can fit either design. At 65-inches tall with three bulbs up to 60 watts each, it's just the thing to give a shady corner of your home the glow-up you want. Each bulb is encircled by an outer rattan shade as well as an inner woven fabric shade, so you'll never have to squint from the glare. And the chef's kiss? An easy on-off switch on the cord, so you won't be fumbling to turn it on and off.
Premium patio furniture
- Coolest Feature: rust-resistant aluminum frame is weather-, water- and UV-resistant
- Promising Review: "Really nice quality and comes with a spare set of covers."
Polyester-topped acrylic cushions top these heavy-duty outdoor lounges, which are 19 percent off in five colorways (beige, terracotta, gray, navy and an aqua tone named Aruba)—a total bargain, especially during the spring season. Each chair features plenty of room for napping, and the cushions come wrapped in an extra set of gray covers, which add versatility to your patio decor.
Most Elegant Sleeping Option
- Coolest Feature: sturdy, solid wood construction
- Promising Review: "This bed is beautiful. It is sturdy and high quality, especially for the price. We’ve had it for a year and still love it."
Smart shoppers will pounce on the opportunity to score this generously-proportioned upholstered headboard, footboard and side rail set at up to 34 percent off. It's made of solid wood and supports up to 800 pounds, so you're getting good quality, but the real sell here is the elegant swooping lines of the bed and the padded polyester fabric that's affixed to the headboard and footboard. The headboard is 5-feet high, so even if you use the deepest box spring and pillow-top mattress, you're going to see its graceful design.
Elevated Outdoor Cooking
- Coolest Feature: cooking area holds up to 21 hamburgers at a time
- Promising Review: "I love the color and it lights up too. It looks like a $3,000 grill. Lots of cooking surface."
There's a lot to love with this propane grill that has 855 square inches of cooking surface. The eye-catching blue exterior houses 74,000 BTU power with one-button start-up functionality. Add to that an easy cleanup thanks to the removable grease tray and grease cup, and this grill is guaranteed to get your summer party started.
Most Festive Home Addition
- Coolest Feature: makes 3 gallons of popcorn in minutes
- Promising Review: "Perfect for our home theater!! The capacity allows us to make multiple batches for parties. Works very well and was easy to assemble."
Built with stainless steel and tempered glass food zones, this machine makes popping popcorn fast and simple. The three-switch design allows you to use the kettle heater and stirrer, overhead light and warming deck independently of each other. And the theater-style design is charming and nostalgic.
Fluffiest Pillow Alert
- Coolest Feature: filled with hypoallergenic polyester gel for softness and support
- Promising Review: "These are nice pillows. Very soft and have a good loft to them."
According to the National Sleep Foundation, you should replace your pillows every one to two years to make sure they're sufficiently supportive and free of allergens. This set of four lets you refresh a couple beds' worth of pillows at once at a 65 percent discount. You'll appreciate how the hypoallergenic polyester gel accommodates side- and back-sleepers, and since this is a down alternative pillow, you can just pop it in the washer and yield dependably fluffy results.
- Coolest Feature: 70 streaming hydro jets and 30 adjustable stainless-steel jets
- Promising Review: "Very good value for a basic spa."
Fit seven people in the contoured seating of this spa, now 35 percent off. The maximum 104-degree heat is controlled by a 4 kilowatt stainless-steel heater that maintains its ideal water temperature using three programmable modes to optimize energy savings. Fun stuff includes an attached insulated ice bucket (because who wants to pop out mid-soak for a cold drink?) and colored underwater LED lights.
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow is the best friend you never had when it comes to finding the best, most useful lifestyle products online. Founded in 2010, our company’s editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which ones are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series, which sees each and every item we test being ranked on a 100-point scale of awesomeness, to the painstakingly curated lists our fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family editors create as vertical experts, you can trust that our recommendations include some of the greatest items you’ll find on the internet. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.
Dana Dickey is a PureWow Senior Editor, and during more than a decade in digital media, she has scoped out and tested top products and services across the lifestyle space. Suitcases to sex toys, she's got an opinion on what's best. Dana is based in Los Angeles; her work has also appeared in Condé Nast Traveler, Vogue and The New York Times. Check her out on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.