Those peonies are the prettiest. If only you could get them to stand up straight and not flop all over the place in the vase. Fret not, friends. We have a hack that makes arranging a full, centered and gorgeous bouquet a total breeze.
This Is the Easiest TikTok Hack for Arranging Flowers at Home
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
How It Works
This hack stars a modest hero that you likely have in a drawer right this minute: tape. Using strips of tape to create a grid on the top of the vase is a genius idea for a few reasons. First, it makes arranging the flowers evenly and in an attractive way a cinch. Second, the tape borders will keep the flowers exactly where you placed them—no leaning bouquets here. Finally, it saves you from buying multiple bouquets because you won't need as many of them to fill the vase. Here's what you'll need to pull it off.
What You Need
- Tape (use floral tape if you insist, but regular Scotch tape will work, too, as long as it's transparent and thin)
- Flowers (feel free to use a few different types)
1. Fill a vase about ¾ of the way up with water. Use a paper towel to make sure the rim of the vase is completely dry
2. Apply the tape to the top of the vase in the shape of a grid. The tape should go about ¼ inch over the lip of the rim. You can also secure it in place by circling the edge with an extra strip.
3. Trim the ends off the flowers on an angle—they’ll absorb more water this way. Then, distribute them evenly. Place the fullest flowers in the holes along the perimeter of the vase, then fill in the rest of the openings with small and medium accent blooms. Just a few stems per hole should work, depending on the size of your flowers.
Voilà! You just produced an arrangement worthy of your coffee table or kitchen island. Kudos!