The persimmon is the under-appreciated middle child of winter produce. Whether you pick a varietal that’s crisp and tart or sweet and juicy, its bright flavor is a welcome addition to any cold-weather dish. Here are 31 persimmon recipes to get you started.
31 Persimmon Recipes to Try This Winter While They're in Season
1. Herbed Kale Salad With Persimmon, Pomegranate And Maple-cumin Dressing
Maple-cumin dressing? Sign us up.
2. Kale Salad With Persimmons, Crispy Chickpeas And Fried Shallots
Easy on the eyes and taste buds.
3. Spiced Persimmon Bourbon Old-fashioned
The cure for a cold winter night.
5. Avocado Toast With Persimmon, Pomegranate And Fennel
Give your brunch favorite a wintry makeover.
7. Persimmon Burrata Caprese Salad
Hazelnuts, flaky salt and burrata? That qualifies as fancy in our book.
8. Speck-wrapped Persimmons With Balsamic Honey Glaze
Speck is like a smoky, robust version of prosciutto.
9. Persimmon Pepita Streusel Overnight Oats
This has “snow-day breakfast” written all over it.
10. Winter Cheese Board
This speaks to us on a spiritual level.
11. Persimmon, Pomegranate And Ricotta Salad
We wouldn't blame you for finishing it off with green apples and candied nuts.
12. Two-potato Latkes With Smoky Eggplant Relish And Spiced Persimmon Applesauce
Fuyu persimmons, vanilla and cinnamon will make you forget about store-bought applesauce for good.
14. Roasted Butternut Squash Soup With Persimmon
Maple syrup, coconut cream and a ton of fall spices will warm you right up.
15. Cranberry-roasted Butternut Persimmon Salad With Fried Goat Cheese
Crispy, tangy goat cheese fritters breaded in buttermilk and panko? Yes, please.
16. Pomegranate Persimmon Salad With Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Finished with toasted pecans, salty feta and sliced avocado.
17. Dutch Baby Pancake With Caramelized Persimmons
The Hachiya persimmons are cooked in cinnamon and pear liqueur.
18. Persimmon Salad
Pomegranate arils make *everything* look better.
19. Roasted Persimmons With Greek Yogurt And Pistachios
Trust us: This breakfast is worth getting out of bed for.
20. Persimmon Salad With Shaved Fennel And Pomegranate
You'll want to put the orange-lime citrus dressing on everything.
21. Persimmon, Fried Sage, And Goat Cheese Bites Recipe
You can never have too many five-ingredient appetizers, well, ever, but especially come the holidays.
22. Pomegranate, Persimmon And Pistachio Wild Rice Salad
Top the salad off with grilled chicken or ground pork to turn it into an entrée.
23. Harvest Cranberry, Persimmon And Burrata Salad
Who are we to turn down cheese?
24. Persimmon Salsa
And you thought summer had dibs on fish tacos.
25. Frosted Spiced Persimmon Cookies With Cranberries And Walnuts
They’re even gluten-free (not that you’d miss it).
26. Persimmon Pudding
Finished with homemade crème anglaise.
27. Flourless Persimmon Cake With Black Pepper-molasses Date Caramel
Guests with food allergies? This dessert is gluten- and dairy-free.
28. Persimmon Cookies
The three-ingredient orange glaze is a total game-changer.
29. Grain-free Mini Persimmon Spice Cakes
Have the cake on its own or go the extra mile and use it in eggnog parfaits.
30. Spiced Persimmon Pudding
It's spiked with Calvados brandy, a spirit made from apples and aged in oak.
31. Vanilla Bean-pear Persimmon Pie
Consider Christmas dessert decided.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.