Barbecue menus for the Fourth can turn real cheesy real quick. And between cocktails, apps, sides and a hot dog bar, dessert might just be the easiest course to drop the ball on. Red, white and blue cupcakes? Boooring. Here are some festive treats to take to your fête that are tasteful—and tasty. Presenting 50 4th of July desserts that are guaranteed to impress.
50 4th of July Desserts That Never Go Out of Style
1. Cherry Slab Pie
When it comes to crust, more is more.
2. 3-Ingredient Strawberry Ice-Cream Shell
3. Mini Strawberry Ice-Cream Pies
Roasting the strawberries will bring out all their sweet, juicy flavor.
4. Peaches-and-Cream Ice Pops
Roasted peaches and brown sugar bring summery sweetness to tangy Greek yogurt.
5. Fourth of July Ice-Cream Cake
Now *that’s* how you celebrate.
6. One-Ingredient Watermelon Sorbet
Does it get any easier than twice-frozen watermelon? We think not.
7. Grilled Angel Food Cake with Blueberry Sauce
Why should your oven have all the fun?
8. Watercolor Doughnuts
True works of art.
9. Berry Galette
Introducing a foolproof way to bake a pie.
10. Peanut-Butter Freezer Pie
It’s our favorite way to eat peanut butter.
11. Berry-Coconut Rocket Pops
You’ll never be too old to cool off with one of these.
12. Mini Mason Jar Apple Pies
Also known as the most American dessert ever.
13. Strawberry-Mango Hawaiian Shave Ice
This DIY gem doesn’t require a shave ice machine or a flight to Maui.
14. Chocolate Waffle Ice-Cream Sandwiches
Bring on the sprinkles, chopped nuts and caramel sauce.
15. No-Bake Berry Tiramisu
If the color scheme works…bake it.
16. Strawberries and Crème
So simple, yet so delicioius.
17. Grilled Pineapple Split Sundae with Cherry Sauce
Keep the coals glowing all night.
18. Puff-Pastry Plum and Thyme Galette
Ooh, pass the vanilla ice cream.
19. Blackberry-Raspberry Skillet Cobbler
The more berries, the merrier.
20. Skillet Peach Cobbler
Nothing beats a summer peach.
21. Blackberry Jam Pie-Crust Straws
A sparkler in one hand, a pie straw in the other.
22. Blackberry Panna Cotta Tartlets
It’s heavy on the fruit, but light on effort.
23. No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
Cool and creamy, no oven required.
24. Strawberry Pie with Strawberry Crust
Tastes as good as it looks.
25. Fresh Fruit Ice Pops
This calls for a farmers market trip.
26. No-Bake Cheesecake with Raspberry Compote
For those of you who avoid the oven at all costs come summer.
27. Pink Lemonade Bars
Your picnic won’t be complete without a little lemonade.
28. Peach Cobbler
Have biscuit dough, will travel.
29. Glazed Blueberry Cake
It's basically a fruit salad, right?
30. Lemon-Berry Sheet Pan Trifle
Starring your trusty baking sheet.
31. Sweet Corn Doughnut Holes
Summer’s favorite vegetable goes dessert.
32. Blueberry Crumble Pie
Two desserts coming together in streusel-topped harmony.
33. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
Your cutest barbecue guests yet.
34. Oven-Baked S’mores Bars
And the crowd goes wild.
35. Patriotic Flag Fruit Platter
It doesn’t get any easier (or more festive).
36. Blackberry Lime Bars
Great things come in small packages.
37. Berry Cream Fillo Baskets
38. Grilled Berry S’mores
Strawberries are required. A campfire is not.
39. Chocolate Cupcakes with Creamy Raspberry Frosting
No holiday is complete without chocolate.
40. Pop Rock Popsicles
Pop these into your mouth now. They rock. See what we did there?
41. Gluten-Free Dessert Cups
Filling blueberry muffins with ice cream and fresh fruit? Genius.
42. Key Lime Pie Bars
One bite and boom, you're on a sunny Florida beach.
43. Pink Drink Pops
Strawberry + white chocolate + coconut + green tea = cool, creamy magic.
44. Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Floats
So simple, so sweet.
45. Light Berry Angel Food Cake
It’s ready in 15 minutes, so there’s zero fuss.
46. Vanilla Bourbon Cherry-Blueberry Pie
We’ll never get over these cute star cut-outs.
47. Cherry Cobbler Cupcakes
Also doubles as a centerpiece.
48. Nectarine Blueberry Pie
A layer of pie dough stars > regular old crust.
49. 5-Ingredient Frozen Yogurt Bites
Coolest dessert at the barbecue? We think so.
50. Brown Butter Grilled Peaches with Cinnamon Toast Crumbs