OK, so at her own house, Ina Garten celebrates Hanukkah. But that doesn’t mean she can’t make your Christmas dinner dreams come true. Presenting our favorite Barefoot Contessa recipes, plus a few ingenious adaptations worth adding to your holiday rotation for good.
Ina Garten’s 20 Best Christmas Recipes of All Time
1. Ina Garten’s Tuscan Turkey Roulade
Gussy up your annual bird with prosciutto, fennel seeds, garlic and herbs.
2. Ina Garten’s Baked Spinach and Zucchini
The best part? The basmati rice, Parmesan and Gruyère, of course.
3. Ina Garten’s Roasted Broccolini & Cheddar
Five ingredients + 20 minutes = the easiest side ever.
4. Ina Garten’s Baked Pasta with Tomatoes and Eggplant
Make a double batch of the tomato and eggplant soup (a key ingredient) to serve as an appetizer.
5. Cranberry Beef Bourguignon
Ina’s classic recipe with a tart, wintry twist.
6. Easy Roasted Shrimp with Green Goddess Dip
See ya, store-bought cocktail sauce. Ina’s dressing is an even better pairing with shrimp.
7. Roasted Pear, Blue Cheese and Arugula Salad
Complete with toasted walnuts and a splash of port wine.
8. Ina Garten’s Easy Cioppino
A San Francisco stew starring cod, shrimp, scallops, clams and mussels.
9. Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
The original calls for lemon juice and basil, if you feel so inclined.
10. Skillet Cheddar and Jalapeño Cornbread
Creamed corn keeps this cornbread extra moist. The cheddar and jalapeño make it unforgettable.
11. Sautéed Wild Mushrooms
You probably have every ingredient already—how easy is that?
12. Ina Garten’s Black & White Cookies
They’re like a 50/50 cross between cookies and cake.
13. Apple Tart with Tahini Frangipane
Inspired by the Barefoot Contessa’s famous French apple tart.
14. Triple-Chocolate Layer Cake
Forget cookies—leave a slice of this out for Santa and you’ll score everything on your wish list. Promise.
15. Pecan Pie Bars
One thing we love about Ina: She isn’t shy about butter. Neither are we.
16. Cheat’s Brown Butter and Salted Maple Pecan Sticky Buns
Frozen puff pastry can do just about anything.
17. Sugar Cookie Chocolate Crème Brûlée
Wow. Even your family’s resident Scrooge will be charmed.
18. Red Velvet Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
You might want to make a second batch for the kids’ table.
19. Ina Garten’s Lemon Bars
Show citrus season who’s boss.
20. Lazy Chai Cinnamon Rolls
Presents with a side of pastries? Truly the best way to start the day.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.