Christmas is synonymous with cookies. This year, liven up your usual baking routine with these 30 icebox cookies. The beauty here is that you can prep the simple dough, refrigerate or freeze it, then slice and bake whenever your schedule allows. If that's not holiday magic, we don't know what is.
30 Easy Icebox Cookies That Will Make All Your Holiday Dreams Come True
1. Chocolate-peppermint Icebox Cookies
The most festive cookies we ever did see...or taste.
2. Butterscotch Icebox Cookies
Brown sugar + butter = Christmas miracle.
3. Lemon Icebox Cookies
It's citrus season, and we're taking full advantage of it.
4. Vanilla Bean Icebox Cookies
These vanilla cookies are anything but plain, thanks to glittery sanding sugar.
5. Pistachio Icebox Cookies
Why choose between salty and sweet?
6. Maple-pecan Icebox Cookies
Our favorite seasonal flavors in every bite.
7. Funfetti Slice & Bake Cookies
Not only are there sprinkles dotting the white chocolate dip, they're also in the dough.
8. Pecan Chocolate Chip Slice-and-bake Cookies
Your guests will assume you picked them up at a fancy bakery.
9. Slice-and-bake Shortbread
Glazed red and green cherries are a festive finishing touch.
10. Gluten-free Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Three alternative flours make these gems possible: hazelnut, oat and tapioca.
11. Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Two timeless classics united in ooey-gooey harmony.
12. Vanilla Bean Christmas Sugar Cookies With Whipped Buttercream
The kids will be so psyched to decorate a batch themselves on Christmas Eve.
13. Salted Pistachio Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Toast the pistachios in the oven first to make them more fragrant and flavorful.
14. Brown Sugar Shortbread
You can never have too many four-ingredient cookie recipes.
15. Chocolate-covered Peanut Butter Cookies
Meet the ultimate marriage of sweet and salty, from the creamy PB filling to the flaky sea salt on top.
16. Cinnamon Roll Cookies
We wouldn't complain if we had these for breakfast on Christmas morning.
17. Easy Icebox Cookies
Rally the troops—this recipe makes 40 cookies.
18. Toasted Coconut-orange Icebox Cookies
Orange zest and toasted coconut flakes offer rays of tropical sunshine in the dead of winter.
19. Salted Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookie Recipe
Rolling the outer edges of the cookies in coarse sugar gives them a pretty finish and extra crunch.
20. Eggnog Ice Box Cookies
Complete with fluffy, three-ingredient eggnog frosting.
22. Cranberry-orange Brown Sugar Shortbread
Fresh orange zest and dried cranberries liven up simple three-ingredient dough.
23. Dark Chocolate Orange Slice And Bake Cookies
The combination of bitter, sour orange and spicy ground cinnamon is a wintry match made in heaven.
24. Salted Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Santa came early for the plant-based eaters at your table. These are made with almond meal, rolled oats and chia seeds.
25. Chocolate Shortbread Cookies With Walnuts
Espresso powder and unsweetened cocoa give this old-school holiday cookie a tasty update.
27. Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
These babies are vegan, grain-free and sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup.
29. Almond Butter Shortbread Cookies
If cookies are all about crunch for you, have them plain. But we promise the almond butter buttercream won't disappoint.
30. Raspberry-chocolate Chip Edible Cookie Dough
The only thing better than slice and bake? Slice and eat, of course.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.