Nothing against slow cookers (seriously, we use ours on the reg), but the recipes we make in them aren’t always the lightest or healthiest of the bunch. (We see you, cheesy casseroles.) No worries: There are plenty of breakfasts, lunches, dinners and sides that combine the ease of slow cooking with super-nutritious ingredients. Here, 30 healthy slow-cooker recipes—from chicken tikka masala to lentil sloppy joes—that will fill you up without weighing you down.
30 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes That Won’t Weigh You Down
1. Vegan Slow-cooker Detox Coconut Soup
Pile it high with all the fresh, crisp herbs and greens your heart desires.
2. Slow-cooker Mediterranean Frittata
It’s light in the carb department and packed with protein, plus you barely have to lift a finger to make it.
3. Slow-cooker Meal-prep Burrito Bowls
Spend one night cooking, then reap the rewards. And by that we mean you’ll have a homemade lunch for the next four days.
4. Slow-cooker Chicken Tikka Masala Meatballs
Yes, there’s heavy cream in the sauce—but only a quarter of a cup. The whole dish still clocks in at less than 500 calories per serving.
5. Slow-cooker Chicken Teriyaki
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts have never tasted so good.
6. Slow-cooker Garlic-herb Mashed Cauliflower
This has all the creamy flavor of mashed potatoes, just with way fewer carbs per serving.
7. Detox Crockpot Lentil Soup
Lentils may be tiny, but they’re a nutritional powerhouse of protein, fiber and tons of vitamins. Oh, and they make a very delicious soup.
8. Slow-cooker Butternut Squash Soup
It’s velvety smooth and creamy but surprisingly dairy-free.
9. Slow-cooker Vegetarian Chili
Keep it vegan with avocado and cilantro, or add sour cream and cheese if you please.
10. Slow-cooker Whole Chicken With Potatoes
If you end up with leftovers, turn them into chicken salad for tomorrow’s lunch.
11. Crockpot Paleo Chili
With all the hearty vegetables (like mushrooms and zucchini), you won’t even miss the beans.
12. Healthier Slow-cooker Creamy Tortellini Soup
It sounds (and tastes) super indulgent, but there are only 400 calories in each bowl.
13. Healthy Slow-cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
Swap out the usual heavy cream for coconut milk—you know, so you can save room for an extra piece of naan.
14. Crockpot Chicken And Rice
It’s the comforting flavors you grew up with, and that dose of nostalgia makes it a total crowd-pleaser. (Seriously—even the kids will gobble it up.)
15. Easy Crockpot Bone Broth
Keep a batch of this nourishing broth in the freezer and you’ll never go back to the store-bought kind.
16. Vegetarian Slow-cooker Lentil Sloppy Joes With Spaghetti Squash
Everything cooks in the slow cooker at the same time for a true one-pot meal.
17. Healthy Slow-cooker Chicken Cacciatore
It’s low-carb and keto, but flavorful enough that even non-dieters will love it too.
18. Slow-cooker Chipotle Beef Burrito Bowls
You get all the fresh veggies and flavorful meat of a regular burrito, minus the soggy tortilla.
19. Crockpot Quinoa Chicken Primavera
Easy to make? Check. Nutritious and delicious? Check. Totally gorgeous? Check.
20. Barbecue Ranch Chicken Quinoa Bowls
Make the slow-cooked barbecue chicken ahead of time so all you have to do later is assemble and eat.
21. Quinoa Black Bean Crockpot Stuffed Peppers
To go the extra-healthy route, you can omit the cheese. (Though we might shed a small tear.)
22. Healthy White Chicken Chili
Dairy? We don’t know her. (You can thank the cannellini beans for the creamy texture.)
23. Slow-cooker Minestrone Soup
Hot slow-cooker tip: Cook the pasta separately. We promise it’s worth it for the al dente bite.
24. Classic Chicken Soup
Whatever ails you, this will cure it.
25. Slow-cooker Curried Chicken Tacos With Avocado Crema
Who needs taco shells when you have collard wraps?
26. Crockpot Broccoli Turmeric Soup
It’s as tasty and comforting as the classic cheesy soup, just lightened up with way more good-for-you ingredients.
27. Healthy Baked Beans
This version is sweet but not cloying thanks to maple syrup. (Bonus: You don’t have to soak the beans ahead of time.)
28. Sausage And Quinoa Stew
FYI, you can also make it in an Instant Pot if you’re short on time.
29. Red Lentil Sweet Potato Dal
This meal can be prepped and assembled ahead of time, then stored in a baggie in the freezer for a super lazy dinner. (It’s the definition of dump and go.)
30. Overnight Slow-cooker Steel-cut Oats
Breakfast in the slow cooker: It’s a thing.