It’s pretty unfair that at most meals, we have to choose between our two favorite carbs: pasta and potatoes. That is exactly why we’re devoted to gnocchi, the miracle food that manages to combine both into soft little pillows of heaven. Plus, if you start with store-bought gnocchi (which we wholeheartedly endorse), they’re the ideal foundation for an easy weeknight meal. Here are 30 of our favorite easy gnocchi recipes.
30 Easy Gnocchi Recipes You Can Make at Home
1. Summer Skillet Gnocchi With Grilled Corn And Burrata
We always thought of gnocchi as a hearty cold-weather dish. But this skillet, loaded with fresh corn and tomatoes, proves otherwise. (It’s also drop-dead gorgeous, just saying.)
2. Skillet Gnocchi With Sausage And Broccoli Rabe
“Done in 30 minutes” is music to our weary Monday night ears. FYI, feel free to swap in any green vegetable here—Brussels sprouts, perhaps?
3. Gnocchi Mac & Cheese
We never said gnocchi was diet food (but we promise, this ooey-gooey cheese situation is soooo worth it).
4. Cauliflower Gnocchi Pomodoro
Behold, proof that gnocchi doesn’t have to be a massive carb overload. This gluten-free version subs in cauliflower for some of the starch, making it a lighter (but no less delicious) version of our favorite comfort food.
5. Chicken Gnocchi Soup
News flash: Chicken noodle soup is out, chicken gnocchi soup is in.
6. Sweet Potato Gnocchi In Herbed White Wine Sauce
This is definitely dinner-party fancy, but it’s deceptively easy to put together.
7. Carrot Gnocchi
Another great lower-carb alternative—this one swaps potatoes for carrots, which gives the dish a light sweetness (and a great color, too).
8. Buckwheat Gnocchi With Cabbage, Potatoes And Fontina
On the other hand, sometimes copious amounts of cheese are exactly what the doctor ordered. (Yes, there are double potatoes in this dish.)
9. Ricotta Gnocchi
Making gnocchi from scratch sounds super intimidating. But we promise, this recipe couldn’t be simpler (plus, the ricotta makes the gnocchi extra fluffy). Prepare to impress the entire table.
10. Baked Gnocchi With Tomatoes, Mushrooms, And Kale
All those veggies need a little melted mozzarella to balance everything out.
11. Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
It’s like a big, warm hug in a bowl. And best of all, most of the cooking time is hands-off simmering.
12. Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
Behold, a mash-up of all of our of favorite things.
13. Baked Gnocchi With Broccoli
It’s cheesy, gooey and bubbly, not to mention ready in 20 minutes and 1,000-percent kid-friendly.
14. Cacio E Pepe Cauliflower Gnocchi
This dish has a secret: It starts with everyone’s favorite cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s.
15. Gnocchi With Peas And Asparagus
Springtime produce never tasted so delicious.
16. Caprese Gnocchi
If you use store-bought gnocchi, it’s only six ingredients—and one of them is burrata.
17. Sheet Pan Gnocchi And Roasted Vegetables
It’s all cooked on one pan, so you can spend more time eating and less time doing dishes.
18. One-pot Gnocchi With Sausage And Kale
This has “cozy dinner eaten from the couch” written all over it.
19. Truffle Ricotta Gnocchi With Bacon, Calabrian Chili And Chive
Well, look who’s fancy all of a sudden!
20. Shrimp And Gnocchi With Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
We would eat just about anything if it were covered in this sauce. (Hint: Make a loaf of crusty bread to sop up the extra.)
21. Mushroom Gnocchi With Arugula And Walnut Pesto
A magnificent umami bomb in a bowl. (And did we mention it’s ready in 30 minutes?)
22. Butternut Squash, Sausage And Kale Gnocchi
Everything we love about fall produce in one recipe.
23. Spring Vegetable Gnocchi
Step one: Head to the farmers market and stock up on seasonal veggies. Step two: Eat.
24. Baked Gnocchi Casserole In A Creamy Tomato Sauce
We’ll always love baked ziti, but this quick version with pillowy gnocchi has stolen our hearts.
25. Sausage And Tomato Gnocchi
This classic sausage ragù would make any Italian grandma proud.
26. Italian Sausage, Gnocchi And Tomato Soup
Hearty, comforting and ready in under 30 minutes. Hello, new weeknight favorite.
27. Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken Gnocchi
This genius recipe combines two of our weeknight dinner prep secret tricks: store-bought pasta and our trusty sheet pan. Throw everything together, and dinner’s on the table in no time.
28. 20-minute Pesto Shrimp With Gnocchi And Asparagus
It doesn’t get any faster or easier than this. And with only a handful of ingredients, you can easily make it on a weeknight.
29. French Onion Gnocchi Soup
Honestly, we didn’t know it was possible for French onion soup to get more delicious.
30. Gnocchi And Winter Vegetables With Sage Cream Sauce
Feel free to use whatever winter veggies you have on hand. (Just don’t skimp on the super-savory sage cream sauce.)