Disney fans (and, more importantly, soft pretzel fans such as ourselves) are probably saying "thank you" right about now. Why? The brand just released its recipe for Mickey Pretzels, a cute snack you can normally only buy in its theme parks.
Disney Just Shared Its Recipe for Mickey Pretzels (& the Theme Park Snack Only Calls for 4 Ingredients)
Store-bought pizza dough (room temperature)
Sea salt flakes
2 egg whites, whisked
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Allow the store-bought pizza dough to reach room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut the dough into 4 pieces to make 4 pretzels.
- Working on 1 pretzel at a time, separate the dough into 3 balls, one ball larger than the other two.
- Roll out the largest piece for the head and the smaller pieces for the ears. Tip: Don’t over-flour the dough; keep it sticky.
- Create 3 circles with the dough. The large circle will be Mickey’s head, and the two smaller circles will be his ears.
- Make sure the small circles are attached to the large circle. The dough should be sticky enough so his ears are attached to create one fun pretzel!
- Brush the pretzel with the egg whites and lightly sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Once your pretzels are baked to golden-brown perfection, the site recommends serving them with a store-bought cheese dip or mustard.
It's certainly not the first time Disney has shared one of its most popular recipes. Just a few of the others you can make at home are the World Famous Grilled Cheese, Classic Dole Whip and Plant-Based Cookie Fries.
Do these Mickey Pretzels technically taste just like any old soft pretzel? Maybe. Does the Disney flair make them infinitely more fun? You bet.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.