How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug
For those moments when you’re craving a chocolate chip cookie but don’t feel like baking an entire batch, here’s an easy, breezy recipe that takes all of seven minutes. The result? A warm, gooey homemade cookie that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth. Hot tip: Store your dry ingredients in OXO POP Containers, which give you the option of adding an accessory like a mini scoop or leveler that attaches underneath the lid.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
1. In a large mug, melt the butter in the microwave, about 15 to 30 seconds. Add the sugar and light brown sugar; stir to combine.
2. Add the egg and vanilla extract; whisk together.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt; stir to combine.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center and make sure it comes out clean. Enjoy immediately.