Remember when, out of left field, Cameron Diaz impressed us all with her ramen recipe? Lucky for you, the actress has another morsel to add to your repertoire: simple and cozy mushroom crostini, which she shared in a video on Instagram.
Cameron Diaz Walks Us Through How to Make Her ‘Simple & Cozy’ Mushroom Crostini
The recipe came with the launch of Diaz’s cabernet addition to her wine label, Avaline. “For the launch of our NEW cabernet,” she wrote in the caption, “I am cooking up a simple mushroom crostini recipe that I would make for my gals on a cozy fall night.” Here’s how to make it yourself.
How to Make Cameron Diaz’s Simple & Cozy Mushroom Crostini
Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
3 to 5 cups sliced mushrooms
2 to 3 medium sweet onions, sliced into strips
Olive oil spray, as needed
Butter, as needed
1 garlic clove, minced
4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped
Avaline Cabernet or balsamic vinegar
1 jar of fig jam
4 ounces goat cheese
1. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet. Heat the oil over high heat, then add the mushrooms and sauté until they begin to caramelize.
2. In a separate skillet, add a few tablespoons of olive oil and the onions and cook until caramelized.
3. Slice the baguette into thin slices and arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray the slices lightly with olive oil spray before toasting in the oven.
4. Add a pat of butter to the mushrooms along with the garlic. Season the mushrooms and the onions with salt as they cook.
5. Add the thyme to the mushrooms. Add a splash of cabernet or balsamic vinegar to the onions.
6. Spread a bit of fig jam on each crostini, then top with some of the mushrooms and onions, and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.