On those days when you have no time to cook breakfast before work/school/errands, grabbing something delicious with one hand and everything else with the other is a game changer. That's where these 32 ingenious breakfast sandwich recipes come in. Whether you want to freeze a bunch in advance to heat and eat them when you wake up or just put one together on the spot, these simple handhelds are well worth getting out of bed for.
32 Breakfast Sandwich Recipes That Will Save You on Busy Mornings
1. Waffle Breakfast Sandwich With Chorizo
You only need 15 minutes to pull this savory number off, but you can cut down on the prep time by making the cheddar waffles in advance. Feel free to substitute breakfast sausage for chorizo if that's what you have on hand.
2. Breakfast Sliders
Prepare the sausage patties ahead so you can simply reheat them when you're in a rush. (It'll only take you a few minutes to make the eggs and lemony arugula.)
3. The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich
Why cut holes out of toast to make eggs in a basket when store-bought bagels have a hole already built in? Be sure to douse this 20-minute wonder in hot sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Vegan Keto Everything Bagels
Make the bagels on Sunday (they take one hour from start to finish) so you can snack on them all week long. Pile them high with vegan cream cheese, plant-based bacon and microgreens.
5. Chicken And Cheddar-waffle Sandwiches
Marinate the chicken in the spicy buttermilk brine overnight, then dredge and fry it in the morning. Save time by making the waffles ahead, but be as leisurely as you'd like when drizzling on the syrup and hot sauce.
6. Roasted Sweet Potato And Bacon Open-faced Sandwich With Herbed Ricotta
This hearty dish comes together lickity split if the sweet potatoes are roasted ahead of time.
7. Grilled Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich
For mornings when you're really pressed for time (or when your picky kid decides he doesn't like cereal anymore).
8. Sheet Pan Eggs With Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese And Dill
Aka the easiest way to make a dozen breakfast sandwiches in a flash. Slice a slab, place it on a bagel or roll and you're ready to hit the road.
9. Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
It's got the same vibe as avocado toast, but this protein-filled alternative is so much easier to meal prep, since you can make a massive batch and leave it in the fridge.
10. Ham, Swiss And Apple Sandwich
Brown sugar ham and honey mustard are a great way to trick your kid into eating fruit.
11. Egg, Avocado And Pesto Bagel Sandwich
We’ll definitely take Maria Lichty’s advice when it comes to a speedy morning meal. This filling number only takes ten minutes, leaving you with plenty of time to make coffee.
12. Open-faced Power Breakfast Sandwich With Egg Whites, Avocado And Tomato
Eat your heart out, Egg McMuffin. This breakfast features sprouted bread and lean ingredients, like egg whites, fresh produce and hot sauce.
13. Cauliflower Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich
Go low-carb with this breakfast sandwich that gives us a whole new reason to stan cauliflower. (Spoiler: The cauli hash browns substitute bread.)
14. Fried Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Don’t be discouraged by the 20-minute cooking time. Take Gaby Dalkin’s advice and prep the ingredients ahead, then quickly assemble them in the morning.
15. Grilled Nutella Banana Sandwich
Some mornings, you want to eat an egg white omelet with avocado...but this is not one of those mornings. Today demands bananas and a generous amount of cocoa-hazelnut spread.
16. Microwave Egg And Vegetable Breakfast Sandwich
Your microwave is your BFF when it comes to quick breakfasts. Case in point: Heidi Larsen’s egg white sandwich, which is ready to devour in minutes.
17. Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches With Cholula Cashew Cheese
Not into eggs and cheese? We’ve got you. Behold: a chickpea patty and vegan cheese breakfast sandwich, drenched in hot sauce.
18. Freezer Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches
Skip the frozen aisle at the grocery store. You can whip up your own croissant breakfast sandwiches, then stash them in cold storage for reheating on busy weekdays.
19. Copycat Starbucks Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
No time for that absurdly long line at Starbucks? Same. Here’s an uncanny alternative that you’ll want to whip up again and again.
20. Honey, Peach And Brie Panini With Bacon Butter
21. Paleo Breakfast Egg Wraps
No bread? No problem. Make these Paleo-friendly breakfast handhelds using a scrambled egg in place of a tortilla.
22. Bacon French Toast Roll Ups
Breakfast doesn't get more portable than this, folks. This 15-minute meal is just as easy to eat on the go as a granola bar (except it's a million times more drool-worthy).
23. Stuffed Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
Bring on the fluffy organic eggs, mozzarella cheese and duo of fresh herbs.
24. Best Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich
The scallion-laced biscuits are a breeze to prepare, but you can use store-bought biscuit dough (or better yet, pre-baked biscuits) to save time.
25. Veggie Breakfast Sandwich
26. Gruyere, Fig Jam And Arugula Breakfast Sandwiches
These sweet-and-savory beauties are vegetarian as is, but fig jam and bacon are basically soulmates. Do with that information what you will.
27. Freeze-ahead Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches
The sausage patties are spiked with sage, marjoram and fennel, which offer the sammy pleasantly nuanced flavor.
28. Bagel Egg In A Hole With Smashed Avocado
Not only do the egg and avocado boast healthy fats and protein, but the finished product also contains a satiating 6 grams of fiber.
29. Bocadillo Antxón
Sorry, hash browns. We just might prefer shoestring fries on our chorizo-egg sandwiches after all. (BTW, the recipe doesn't call for cheese, but a slice or two certainly couldn't hurt.)
30. Monte Cristo Sandwich
Picture a ham and cheese sandwich topped with an egg and grilled in butter. OK, ready for the plot twist? Imagine that the bread is French toast.
31. Guacamole Breakfast Sandwich
32. French Toast Egg And Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
We'll be dunking ours in maple syrup and dusting it with powdered sugar, thank you very much. Did we mention the recipe calls for both Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses?