In the frigid winter months, there's nothing more comforting than a good pair of fuzzy socks. These cozy accessories will keep your toes incredibly warm, feel nice against your skin and come in an array of colors and fun patterns that can make you smile—even on the coldest of days. While you can find them just about anywhere, from your local Target to the Dollar Store, the best pair of fuzzy socks for your piggies will be made from a durable, comfortable material, look great and have all the features you desire, be it grips on the bottom for your hardwood floors or gentle compression to help with your blood flow.
15 Pairs of Fuzzy Socks So Comfy, You'll Never Want to Take Them Off
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
The Best Fuzzy Socks to Buy at a Glance
- Best Overall Fuzzy Socks: Nordstrom Popcorn Crew Socks
- Best Fuzzy Lounge Socks: Barefoot Dreams CozyChic Socks
- Best Fuzzy Compression Socks: Comrad Cozy Compression Socks
- Best Fuzzy Socks With Aloe: Earth Therapeutics Thera-Soft Socks
- Best Fuzzy Sock Variety: Azue Slipper Socks
- Best Slouchy Fuzzy Socks: Universal Thread Cozy Slouch Socks
- Best Fuzzy Crew Socks: UGG Leda Cozy Socks
- Best Fuzzy Socks With Grips: Jormatt Fuzzy Grip Socks
- Best Fuzzy Spa Socks: Dr. Scholl’s Spa Socks
- Best Cute Fuzzy Socks: Llama Cozy Crew Socks
- Best Fuzzy Ankle Socks: A New Day Ombré Socks
- Best Everyday Fuzzy Socks: UGG Cozy Chenille Socks
- Best Fuzzy Cable-Knit Socks: L.L. Bean Fireside Gripper Socks
- Best Microfiber Fuzzy Socks: Zando Slipper Socks
- Best Fuzzy Tall Socks: Mopas Knee-High Socks
1. Nordstrom Popcorn Crew Socks
Best Overall Fuzzy Socks
Up for grabs in two hues, these popcorn crew socks from Nordstrom are incredibly soft and cozy. They're perfect for tucking into snow boots or pairing with equally comfy sweats thanks to the blend of polyester and spandex, which is likely to render them both durable and snug. In other words? They're the pair to reach for on the daily, no matter what's on the agenda.
Best Fuzzy Lounge Socks
Barefoot Dreams is known for its lounge-worthy products—you may have heard of its celeb-loved In the Wild throw—and its CozyChic socks are certainly no exception. Made from the brand's 100 percent polyester microfiber, these neutral socks provide incredible warmth and a plush feel like none other, with one reviewer calling them "the most heavenly pair of socks your toes and feet will ever touch in your lifetime." Consider us sold!
3. Comrad Cozy Compression Socks
Compression socks apply pressure to your lower legs, which can help to reduce swelling and increase blood flow to the area. While most are made with standard nylon or stretchy spandex materials, this pair from Comrad features a special fuzzy feathered nylon that makes them more inviting than most. You can choose from three fun colors (another rarity in the world of compression socks), each of which features a light 10 to 15 millimeters of mercury of graduated compression (15 to 20 is standard).
4. Earth Therapeutics Thera-soft Socks
Best Fuzzy Socks With Aloe
Fact: Skin gets dry in the winter, especially when it comes to our feet, leading to rough, cracked heels. If you're looking to give your tootsies a little extra TLC, you'd do well to check out these thera-soft socks, which are not only made with a cushy fabric, they're infused with soothing aloe vera and vitamin E, which can help to prevent free radical damage.
Best Fuzzy Sock Variety
These toasty socks come five or six to a set, depending on which color combo you opt for (and believe us, there's a lot of choices). Regardless of which ones you buy, though, the plush fabric is guaranteed to radiate cozy warmth for years to come, making them a cold weather essential. According to the company, that's because they're made using a fine needle to dense the stitches—a technique Azue claims will make them more durable.
6. Universal Thread Cozy Slouch Socks
Best Slouchy Fuzzy Socks
Attractive and affordable, these babies offer more versatility than most, as they can be worn at their full height to give a purposeful glimpse of them peeking out of your wellies or pushed down for a more slouchy aesthetic. The rib-knit cuff ensures they'll stay firmly in place, and shoppers say they're nice and thick, too.
Best Fuzzy Crew Socks
You know that incredible feeling you get when you put your foot inside your UGG boots and feel the incredibly fluffy sherpa lining against your toes? This is the next best thing—only in sock form. With a crew length that falls between the ankle and the mid-calf, these socks are low enough to fit in taller boots. Luxe though they may be, they won't be your best bet for moving around, however, as shoppers note that they can slip down rather easily.
Best Fuzzy Socks With Grips
These ultra-thick, fuzzy socks aren’t your average feet covers—these bad boys feature handy grips on the bottom, which prevent slips and falls on slick floors. You’ll receive three pairs with each buy, all of which are available in different color combos. They're made from a classic blend of polyester and spandex, too.
Best Fuzzy Spa Socks
Fuzzy spa socks basically equal the epitome of self-care. These ones from Dr. Scholl’s, for instance, boast vitamin E and relaxing lavender on the interior, providing for a soothing feel and relaxing scent with each and every wear. The polyester and spandex fabric certainly doesn’t compromise on warmth, meanwhile, and they've got grippers at the bottom to help you from slipping while you're going through your skincare routine. They even have a smooth toe seam to ward off any would-be irritation.
10. Llama Cozy Crew Socks
Best Cute Fuzzy Socks
Sometimes, you just need something that will make you smile, and these adorable llama face picks will certainly do just that. Beyond their sweet appearance, however, they're of a medium crew length for easy wear, have a bit of spandex to help them stay on your feet and a feel-good recycled polyester base.
11. A New Day Ombré Socks
Best Fuzzy Ankle Socks
Can't stand the feeling of tall socks up around your ankle? No sweat. For less than $5, you can pick of this pair of 5-star rated ones with a pretty ombré pattern, which won't go above the ankle. According to the Target reviewers who love them, they're about as soft as socks can get, and you can choose from three different colors.
Best Everyday Fuzzy Socks
While some fuzzy socks aren’t the most functional for daily wear, this pair from UGG, which have a fuzzy, caterpillar-like texture, will be ideal for everything from venturing out into the snow and playing winter sports to spending a chill days at home. You can enjoy the chenille fabric, which is often used as a super soft material for yarn-based blankets, sweaters and more, in ten different colors.
13. L.l. Bean Fireside Gripper Socks
Best Fuzzy Cable-Knit Socks
If your toes are constantly frigid in the winter, L.L. Bean's Fireside socks are an absolute essential. They boast a fashionable-yet-functional cable-knit texture on the exterior, while the interior is lined with a fuzzy hi-pile fleece that can only be described as dreamy. You can choose from two color options (charcoal or Sienna Clay), and they've got grips at the bottom to prevent any slip-and-slide situations.
Best Microfiber Fuzzy Socks
Coming in a one-size-fits-most style, these stretchy, plush socks will make you feel like Goldilocks, since they're not too thick and not too thin, allowing you to easily get them inside even your tightest boots. They sit comfortably above your ankle without squeezing your feet or losing their shape, and are easy to slip off. The company also recommends them for sleeping.
Best Fuzzy Tall Socks
If you like a little length as far as your socks are concerned, this Mopas six-pack is where it's at. Landing near the top of your calf, they'll keep more than just your feet toasty. They're on the snugger side, too, so you won't constantly be pulling at them. They also come in different colors, so you can switch things up from day to day.
What to Look for in Fuzzy Socks
- Material: We know what you’re probably thinking—as long the socks are fuzzy, who cares? However, some socks are made from cheaper materials that may not last as long as you’d like. In shopping for the best pair, you’ll want to snag some that are made from comfortable and top-quality blends, which can vary based on what you plan to use them for. Polyester, for instance, which is soft and warm, tends to be lightweight, moisture-wicking and resistant to wrinkles, making it ideal for everyday wear. Spandex, on the other hand, a fiber most commonly known for its comfortable elasticity, is a great choice for fancier socks.
- Price: Not all fuzzy socks are created equally, and for that, you’ll want to keep your budget in mind. ('Cause really, who wants to break the bank on a pair of socks? Not us!) We've included a variety of socks at a range of different prices, allowing you to nab the best pair for you at an affordable price.
- Appearance: Last but not least, you'll want to take appearance into account. After all, you'll be more likely to wear a pair that won't clash with every outfit you've got. On the contrary, sometimes you need a little extra oomph—like, say, the face of a llama—after a particularly hard day at work
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.