We may still be reveling (read: sweating) in 90-degree temps, but that’s not stopping us from dreaming of the best fall wardrobe known to womankind. At the top of our list? A few new jackets that effortlessly transform our go-to leaggings-and-tees into Instagram looks to remember. Here are ten fall jackets we’re eyeing for the upcoming season.
Ready to Buy a Fall Jacket? Here’s What You’re Going to Want This Year
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
1. Hudson Jeans Classic Pieced Trucker Jacket
The asymmetrical wash stands out from everyone else's plain old denim jacket.
2. Majorelle Tripp Coat
Thicker than a sweater but not quite as heavy as a winter coat. Introducing our new home for the next three months.
3. Levi's Lamb Touch Faux Leather Moto Jacket
The best advice we ever received: Invest in a leather jacket and every outfit will instantly look cooler.
4. Sam Edelman Short Trench Coat
With a shorter silhouette, this trench coat is ideal for petites.
5. L'academie The Salome Jacket
Wind breaker but make it fashion.
6. More Than Yesterday Teddy Faux-fur Coat
Wear this teddy number unbuttoned (or slung over the shoulders) now, and with a turtleneck come winter.
7. Stand Studio Faith Bell Sleeve Jacket
The bolder, the better.
8. Frame Faux-shearling Jacket
This faux-shearling number has us ready to skip straight to November.
9. Apparis Tina Utility Jacket
This bold vegan-leather jacket is exactly what we would have worn to fashion week in September. Instead, you can find us wearing it to the grocery store.
10. The North Face Cragmont Fleece Jacket
Kinda like the North Face fleece we rocked in college but way chicer.
11. Tularosa Theo Quilted Jacket
Just the right weight for fall, with layering potential come winter.
12. Pari Passu Colorblock Coat
So cozy, we'd hibernate in it.
13. Studio Daari Wool Blend Asymmetric Jacket
Now accepting invitations for Zoom meetings and outdoor dinners.
14. Proenza Schouler White Label Crop Leather Jacket
One leather jacket style you've probably never seen before.
15. Levi's Colorblock Rubberized Coat
Proof that rain gear doesn't have to be an afterthought.
16. Chloé Crop Wool Blend Coat
We really wish we had saved our tax return for this outfit-making swing coat.
17. Anine Bing Dylan Coat
Made of wool and cashmere, this is the softest (and most timeless) coat you'll ever own.
18. Free People Seeing Stars Fleece Jacket
Realistically what our Zoom meeting attire will look like for the next few months.
19. Apparis Marine Reversible Wrap Jacket
Like a robe that you can wear out of the house without—a stare-down from the neighbors.
20. City Chic Regal Coat
The single middle button creates a waist-defining shape that doesn't feel the least bit restricting.