Ah, the holidays. A time for gift-giving, an absurd amount of baking and classic family photo ops. Which brings us to the other thing this time of year is famous for: matching family Christmas pajamas. Cheesy? Yes. Super cute and Instagram-worthy? Also yes. Admit it: You’ve at least pictured how sweet your fam would look huddled under the tree in coordinated plaid jammies or reindeer-print separates.
37 Matching Family Christmas Pajamas That Are Sure to Spread Some Holiday Cheer
PureWow editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. All prices are accurate upon date of publish. You can learn more about the affiliate process here.
Where to Buy Family Christmas Pajamas
Luckily, finding matching jammies for the holiday season is easy. From retailers like Hanna Andersson that carry them all year long to mega-stores like Target and Amazon (where you'll find quick two-day Prime shipping just in time for the holidays), the options are vast.
Still lost? Check out one of the 37 sets of matching family Christmas pajamas we rounded up below, whether you're basically a Buddy Elf junior or you prefer something a little more subtle.
The Top 5 Matching Family Christmas Pajamas at a Glance
Best Plaid Pajamas
- Promising review: “Very comfortable pajamas and I love the cotton material."
This cotton collection has sizes for every family member, from baby onesies and toddler nightgowns to kid and adult pajama sets (and yes, they all come in a coordinated plaid pattern). Reviewers say they pass the comfort test, and the breathable fabric means they won't be too hot for sleeping, either.
Best Flannel Pajamas
Made of 100 percent polyester flannel, which makes for a great insulator, these are sure to be nice and warm. The adorable print, which is about as true to the cartoon as it gets, is also a Pottery Barn Kids exclusive, so you won't see it on 20 other families on your social media feeds. You can even pick up matching sheet and pillow case sets for that extra-special touch (just click and scroll to the bottom).
Size range: Baby 3 months to XL
Best Cotton Pajamas
- Promising review: “My granddaughter loves her new plaid pajamas. Upon arrival she and Bob (her best four-legged furry friend, who also has a matching plaid pj set) put them on and snuggled in bed."
Matching button-front tops and bottoms, a nightshirt, a robe and fittingly, even a little jacket for your family dog, are among the options available in this cheery, 100 percent cotton flannel set. The patterns vary, too, so you'll have your pick of the bunch. The pants have an elastic waist for a little extra give after your holiday meal, and they come slightly oversized to allow for a bit of shrinkage in the wash.
Size range: 2T to XXL
Mix-and-Match Family Christmas Pajamas
Promising review: "I bought this for my teenager daughter a month ago. She likes its fabric and color, specifically snuggling."
This mix-and-match bottoms from cozy stalwart Lands' End features a print of sweet penguins in outerwear for her, him, and the littles. It can be paired with a matching top or plain tees or tanks and comes in different bottom options, too (shorts, anyone?). The 100 percent cotton fabric will be breathable while you're cuddling up next to the fire, and they're equipped with elastic for a full day of noshing. According to the company, the yarn-dye fabric will keep your penguins plenty vibrant too, even after multiple washes. Use code RIBBON to get them on sale.
Size range: 4T to XXXL
Best Long-Sleeve Pajamas
- Promising review: “I bought these for EVERY member of my family! Dogs, kids, babies, adults, dolls...I assumed we'd take Christmas card pics and not really wear them much. Boy was I wrong! My husband and son BOTH have worn these multiple ties since Christmas and so have I! They are SOOO soft and stretchy but not thin at all. The fabric is thick and soft enough that they are not at all indecent but still very comfortable.
Sure, your extended family will love seeing all of you in these matching Merry Christmas pj's, but they're also made for function—according to happy reviewers, even the boys will be pulling these out for repeat wears. They're yarn-dyed to preserve that vibrant holiday red, and they’re 100 percent cotton, too. Be sure to check out reviews for sizing, however, as it seems to vary a bit from the description.
Size range: 4T to XXXL
Best Hanukkah Pajamas
- Promising review: “My friend...had her last pair [of these pajamas] (and they're going strong) for a decade+! She was so excited to [get] another durable, soft pair to add to the collection!”
Your family doesn't celebrate Christmas to get in on the matching fun. Take this menorah-covered organic cotton set. With the option to throw it in the wash on warm, you can wear it for all eight nights of Hanukkah—shoppers say it's well-made and will hold up just fine. Just don’t forget the latkes!
Size range: Baby 0-3 months to XXL
Best Long John Pajamas
- Promising review: “These pj's were very soft and comfortable! The whole family loved them, even our puppy! ...Individually it is a good value for the item!”
Suit up in these long John Christmas light-covered jammies and grab a prop, like this model family did, for an envy-inducing photo. We love the blue background, which will set you apart in a sea of red and green, and the stretchy, snug fit, which will go on easily , but feel like a warm hug.
Size range: Baby 0-3 months to 4X Tall
Best Fleece Pajamas
- Promising review: “All of our pj's were soft and warm. I loved that my girls wore them for several nights afterward."
As far as warmth goes, fleece is hard to beat (it also just feels nice against your skin). These penguin-themed jammies, which are made of polyester fleece, check off both of those boxes. Reviewers say they’re also loose and breezy, so you’ll actually want to wear them—and often.
Size range: Baby 0-3 months to 4X
Best Lightweight Pajamas
- Promising review: “We live in Florida and I was hoping that they would not be too heavy. The pajamas were very soft and light. The kids, ages 5 to 11, all loved them.”
If your family doesn’t exactly thrive in a white Christmas situation (we see you, West Coasters), these tropical-themed pajamas will be more than appropriate—and lightweight enough not to sweat to death in. Psst: Check out that hilarious paddle-boarding Santa print on the pants!
Size range: Baby 6-9 months to XXL
Best Organic Pajamas
- Promising review: “We like to buy a little bigger for comfort when it comes to snug fit pj’s and the 18 month size worked perfectly for our 14 month old! Will be buying more Burt’s Bee’s products in the future!”
Just like the brand’s incredible lip balm, Burt’s Bees pj's are free of toxic chemicals, pollutants or pesticides that might otherwise irritate your (or your child's) skin. (They are organic, after all.) Plus, the hot cocoa pattern feels festive without being too much.
Size range: Newborn months to XXL
Best Themed Pajamas
- Promising review: “Got this pattern for the whole family. Everyone is happy with the sizing (true to size), quality of medium thickness and the adorable pattern. Such a hit!”
Surprise the kids with these organic combed cotton pajamas and a The Mandalorian marathon on Disney+, and you’ll definitely win parent of the year. Just don’t be surprised if they insist on wearing their jammies well after December 25 (they do have Baby Yoda, aka Grogu, on them, after all). Luckily, they're easy to wash in the machine on warm.
Size range: Baby 0-3 months to XXL
Best Santa Pajamas
- Promising review: “These pj's were by far the most comfortable ones I have gotten."
Santa hats are optional (but definitely encouraged) when you wear these St. Nick-inspired sets. The collection even includes a matching shirt for your smallest family members (cat ladies, we're talking to you). The jersey fabric is breathable and strong, and it has a bit of stretch for comfort, too.
Size range: 12 months to XXL
Best Funny Christmas Pajamas
- Promising review: “They are very comfortable, soft and provide a nice touch/great look for the whole family."
This cheeky set is sure to get a chuckle from the fellow exhausted parents in the room, even as the kids are full of energy. They're soft, stretchy and less garish than many other holiday options to boot. A few reviewers mentioned that both the baby sizing and the adult bottoms were too large, however, so keep that in mind when ordering.
Size range: Baby 0 months to L
Best Flapjack Pajamas
- Promising review: “[Good] quality material, not too thick nor thin. I had to wear a tank [underneath] cause of the buttons but overall we highly recommend! Can't wait to order next year for our new addition!”
These buffalo check onesies all feature an adorable "tailgate" flap on the backside to make it easier to use the restroom. They're pre-shrunk, so they won't get smaller in the wash, and they're made of a warm, fuzzy cotton. According to reviews, they run a bit big, so you might want to consider sizing down.
Size range: 6 months to 3X
Best Cartoon Pajamas
- Promising review: “Firstly, it came earlier than I anticipated which was awesome! The fit is just perfect."
Make this year’s viewing of A Charlie Brown Christmas even better by watching it in these matching Snoopy pajamas. They’re fade-resistant, so you can rewear yours next year, even if the kids outgrow their long-sleeve tees (the bottoms have an elastic waist, giving them a slightly longer shelf life). The pants also have handy pockets.
Size range: 2T to XXL
Best Graphic Pajamas
- Promising review: “We love these pj's. Soft, fit nicely and wash well to wear this season and next, like all of our Hanna pj's. Had to get a new pair after enjoying the last ones so much."
More of a How the Grinch Stole Christmas family? Then these Grinchy fair isle pj's are sure to be a hit. They're made of an organic combed cotton that won't irritate the skin of even your smallest family members, and there are matching slippers too, if you want to go all out.
Size range: Baby 0 months to XXL
Best Polyester Pajamas
- Promising review: “Not only did [these pajamas] arrive on time, they were super cute. These pajamas made my Christmas that much more special.”
Here, we have matching ensembles that will have the whole fam shouting out with glee—yippee! (Sorry, we had to.) Made with polyester, they'll be a little warmer than the cotton picks on this list, and the nose comes included in most sizes (2T and baby styles come without).
Size range: 2T to XL
Most Snug Pajamas
Promising review: “Pajamas are a little stiff but after the first wash it goes away. Bought for the family and they all fit as expected! Super cute, comfy, 10/10!
Adorably cheery print? Check. 100 percent cotton fabric? Check. Elastic waistband? Check. This one's got all the makings of your new favorite X-mas pjs, and then some—we also love the banded leg cuffs that make for an extra snug (read: cozy) fit.
Size range: 0 months to 3XL
Best Personalized Family Christmas Pajamas
- Promising review: “Super cute shirts for family Christmas! Very pleased with the finished product and turnaround time!"
Hey, if you’re going to be a little extra this year, you may as well go all out. This Etsy seller personalizes each T-shirt with your family’s last name for a unique touch, and you can also choose which color best suits your brood.
Size range: 0-6 Months to 3XL
- Promising reviews: “I love these pajamas. ... They are really warm and comfortable. I have plenty of room to move around. The bottoms are fleece and the top is T-shirt material."
If you want to set your family apart from the Christmas card pack, check out these jammies, which feature T-shirts proudly proclaiming each family member's role in the household, from baby bear to papa. They're made of cotton and polyester and have an easy, relaxed fit that won't be too constricting.
Size range: 6 Months to 2XL
Most Colorful Pajamas
If your fam is all about comfort and ease, you can't go wrong with this colorful set of onesies. They're flame-resistant in case anyone gets a bit *too* close to the fireplace, and you can add them all to your cart from a single page, making ordering super easy for grandma and grandpa. They also just so happen to be 30 percent off.
Most Modern Christmas Pajamas
- Promising Review: "The jammies are super cute AND comfortable. I am so satisfied with these because not only are they adorable, but they're modern and simple and they aren't like every other matching jammies. The pure cotton fabric was so comfortable that my son wore them for the photos and didn't take them off the whole day."
Christmas pajamas don't have to be super in-your-face. Honest Company has tons of more minimalistic prints that might strike your fancy with all of the features you'd expect the company to offer, such as OTCO-certified organic cotton, a protective zipper tab for baby and anti-slip grippies on the toddler onesie feet.
Most Comfortable Pajamas
- Promising review: “I’m not going to lie, I’m still wearing these Christmas pj pants weeks later, and there’s no end in sight.”
You know those online items you order that show up looking nothing like they did online? (The worst.) You won't have that problem with this snowflake-covered collection. Buyers say this set, which includes a pair of super soft jersey-knit bottoms and a long-sleeve tee, looks exactly like the photo. Based on the promising review, they're also plenty comfy.
Size range: 0 months to XXL
Best Reindeer Pajamas
- Promising review: “These are really cute and comfy. And they have pockets! Would go a size up to accommodate for washing/drying.”
The only thing that could make a pair of jammies, which are designed to make you feel like one of Santa's reindeer while you're passing out presents, better? That same set with pockets, of course (which these just so happen to have). FYI, the buffalo check material is actually made from cotton, so you won’t overheat. They're also stain-resistant in case anyone gets messy with the Christmas snacks.
Size range: 3 Months to XXL
Best Christmas Tree Pajamas
- Promising review: "They seem to be made well. The stitching and seams are all straight and even.The fabric feels soft. It has a decent stretch to it. The wrist and ankle gathers hold well without being too tight. They washed well. They held their shape and color. The colors are accurate. They are comfortable to wear."
This one raises the question, who wouldn’t want to dress up like a family of Christmas trees? Especially when they're seeming so well-made, according to the happy buyer above, who says they're stitched right, feel nice and wash like a dream? They're also made of 100 percent polyester for a nice bit of heft.
Size range: S to 3XL
Best for Pets
- Promising review: “Awesome pajamas for dogs and true to size. My dogs love them! It’s so nice they get to match with us too in their own pajamas instead of a matching bandana.”
Sure, you'll win some major brownie points with your little Marvel fans when you get everyone a pair of these cool organic cotton pajamas (if you look closely, the print features icons of Captain America, The Hulk and Black Panther), but it's the raves they're getting for Fido that are really drawing us in.
Size range: 0 months to XXL
Best Coordinated Christmas Pajamas
Have older teens that refuse to be matchy-matchy with you? Try these coordinated Christmas pj's from Sleepytime. With separate, individual pieces and prints, they offer a smidge more autonomy, but they still look like they go together. Your fam will also love the footed bottoms (note that the men's and women's come without), the easy zip-up closure that will be a breeze to shimmy in and out of and the anti-pill fleece that will keep them looking nice in the wash.
Best Matching Pajamas for Couples
Be the Mr. and Mrs. Claus of your own domain in this silky-smooth green pj set with a festive allover Santa print. The bottoms have a drawstring closure at the waist to make them as snug or loose as you like, and the satiny fabric make them look a bit more luxe than your run-of-the-mill Christmas pj pick.
Best Elf Pajamas
- Promising review: “They loved them, it was something different from the usual red & black! They fit nice and comfortable!!!!"
If your kids are fans of the movie Elf, they’ll lose their minds over these Santa’s helper-themed pajamas. Made of organic cotton, they'll be airy enough for even always-sweaty dad, and despite how intricate they look, you can throw 'em right in the wash.
Size range: 1T to 4X
Best Winter Pajamas
The most practical pj shoppers will choose a pair like these that will make you feel holiday-ready but won't look out of place when you put them on the other 365 days of the year. These ones (*cough, cough*) are available in infant through adult sizes, so ‘mama bear,’ ‘papa bear,’ and the ‘bear cubs’ can all get a set.
Reviews also say they’re comfortable, of good quality and have a flattering fit.
Best Footed Pajamas
- Promising review: “I bought my daughter, her husband and their three kids [these] right before Thanksgiving. They wear them constantly.”
When comfort is the goal, these reindeer-printed onesies will be clutch. Not only do they have footies to keep your tootsies warm, they detach for those of us who can't sleep a wink with socks on (*raises hand*). They're also got side pockets and a hood for an extra-snuggly feel.
Best Holiday Fair Isle Pajamas
- Promising review: “I bought a set of Christmas jammies to match my daughter and I am HOOKED!”
This set features the festive combo of stockings, gingerbread men, Christmas trees and lights to really put you in the holiday vibes. Plus, all of Little Sleepies’ sleepwear is made from super soft bamboo viscose fabric (ahem, hot sleepers—you're gonna want to jump on these) that the company says will be gentle enough for even those with eczema. Sizing goes all the way down to preemies, and the one-piece zippy suit for babies has fold-over foot cuffs that take it to a footless romper to a footed sleeper with ease.
Size range: Preemie to 3XL
Best on a Budget
- Promising Review: "All in all, this is a really nice holiday Christmas pajama shirt! It’s very soft, it is a nice oversized comfortable fit, it’s super soft and stretchy and the design is really cute! I would absolutely recommend it!"
Looking to say “merry Christmas” more like your family does? These “Feliz Navidad” T-shirts, designed by Nicaraguan-American designer Kathie Baptista, are a cute way for everyone to match. They've also got an eco-friendly element, since they come from recycled polyester. For extra festiveness, pair them with the matching plaid pants.
Size range: 12 Months to XXL
Best Adult Christmas Pajamas
- Promising Review: “Really like these...Got a ton of compliments...They fit perfectly and are very well made.”
Christmas morning often starts earliest for parents, so get mom and dad this matching set to show your appreciation. It includes a “But first, coffee" shirt and a pair of plaid bottoms, both of which are 100 percent cotton. That means she can throw them in the wash as often as she likes. She's also less likely to overheat while she's handing out all those presents from Santa (wink, wink).
Size range: XS to 3XL
Best Tartan Pajamas
- Promising Review: "Flannel is very soft and comfortable, small amount of shrinkage. Very pleased."
No kids? No problem. These classic tartan jammies, which come in men's and women's sizing, will be perfect for your family a deux. Made from Portuguese flannel, which is constructed from some of the most high-quality, long-staple cotton around because of its proximity to the sea, it's sure to be both softer and more durable, and it's brushed eight times on each side to make it even more so.
Size range: XS to 3XL
Best Casual Pajamas
Promising Review: I bought this set for my daughter and she loves it. It is incredibly soft and stretchy. It fit as expected."
Mom and baby can lounge in coordinated fair isle looks on Christmas morning courtesy of this set from Maurices. With a super relaxed fit and a solid henley style top for mom and an easy onesie for baby, it's casual while still retaining the season's spirit. But sorry, dad: This doesn't come in men's, so you have to sit this one out.
Size range: 9 months to 3X
Best Cousin Crew Pajamas
Matching pajamas don't have to be just for immediately family. This darling "cousin crew" set will bond your kids with your nieces and nephews, making for one heck of a picture in the process. They'll love the tagless construction that make the tops itch free (especially since they're also made from 100 percent cotton). They're 70 percent off right now, and you can even get the matching socks.
Want to know which buzzy products are *really* worth buying? Sign up for our shopping newsletter to uncover our favorite finds.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow is the best friend you never had when it comes to finding the best, most useful lifestyle products online. Founded in 2010, our company’s editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which ones are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series, which sees each and every item we test being ranked on a 100-point scale of awesomeness, to the painstakingly curated lists our fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family editors create as vertical experts, you can trust that our recommendations include some of the greatest items you’ll find on the internet. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.
Courtney Campbell is a freelance writer, editor and overall shopping addict. She started her career testing and writing about products for Reviewed and will now shared her favorite things to anyone who will listen. Her work has also appeared in Apartment Therapy, SELF, MyDomaine, StyleCaster and more.
Why You Should Trust Us
PureWow's editors and writers have spent more than a decade shopping online, digging through sales and putting our home goods, beauty finds, wellness picks and more through the wringer—all to help you determine which are actually worth your hard-earned cash. From our PureWow100 series (where we rank items on a 100-point scale) to our painstakingly curated lists of fashion, beauty, cooking, home and family picks, you can trust that our recommendations have been thoroughly vetted for function, aesthetics and innovation. Whether you're looking for travel-size hair dryers you can take on-the-go or women’s walking shoes that won’t hurt your feet, we’ve got you covered.