6 Reasons to Get Excited for the New Prius
It’s time to start saving up
The iPhone 6 release came and went, so what?s there to obsess over now?
We?re training our gaze on the 2016 Toyota Prius, the fully updated version of the world?s best-selling hybrid--and ride of choice for Hollywood types like Gwyneth, Leo and Cameron--that?s slated to debut in about a year.
Check out our guide to new-Prius buzz and decide if you?ll finally give up your guzzler.
1. Love it or hate it, the Prius?s iconic exterior design is not likely to change much, says Green Car Reports.
2. Car and Driver, however, offers up these renderings of a possible next-generation silhouette that?s softer and lower to the ground.
3. On the inside, a lighter, more compact lithium-ion battery may allow for a third row of seating, says DailyTech. (Pile in, kids!)
4. Plus, Toyota will likely aim for the image-conscious black-leather-jacket crowd with darker, cooler-looking interior styling, speculates Torque News.
5. The 2016 model will attempt to beat the Prius?s own gas-mileage record. Toyota is serious about hitting 55 mpg this time, says Autoblog Green, but Cars Direct is even more optimistic with a 60 mpg prediction.
6. Keep your eyes peeled for charging stations around town--the plug-in version of the car should launch around October 2016, says Automotive News.