Line It Up
Get the perfect cat eye with Hourglass’s new liner
We’ve mastered beauty basics like the sultry red lip and the sleek ponytail, but there’s one essential trick that constantly frustrates us: the cat eye. (Our clumsy attempts have us looking more lopsided raccoon than artful feline.)
Now a new product that’s thinner, faster-drying and blacker than any we’ve tried before has got us purring with satisfaction: Hourglass 1.5 MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner (three for $45 or one for $16). It’s easy to use.
1. Open the liner pen and move it two clicks to release just enough gel for one eye.
2. Gently pull down your lower lid and apply liner to the “water line” across your lower lashes. (The waterproof gel sets quickly, so it’s practically smudge-proof.)
3. Dot the gel between the lashes on your upper lid, then connect the dots to “tight line” your lashes.
4. Finish by flicking the liner up and out in the corner. Repeat if you’d like to create a thicker line.
5. Do the same on your other eye and--voilà!--a non-smeary look that stays off your cheeks during the day.
Want to take it for a test-drive? Head to the Hourglass boutique--opening next Monday on Abbot Kinney--where a staffer will give you a hands-on demo of just how easy the pen makes catting around.
Hourglass, 1351 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice; hourglasscosmetics.com