Makeup tricks for fitness addicts
Those girls who wear red-carpet makeup to the gym? Not cute. But no one wants to go completely au naturel, either--especially if you have somewhere to be afterward.
??Jillian Lorenz and Ariana Chernin, cofounders of The Barre Code, are put-together women who spend most of their days exercising. Here, their five tips for looking flawless during and after a sweat session:
1. If your skin needs a little coverage, opt for a matte, oil-free tinted moisturizer (like this one from Laura Mercier, $43). It hides imperfections but won?t clog your pores.
2. Eye makeup is the first thing to melt off. Store cotton swabs soaked in makeup remover in a plastic bag inside your gym tote--they make it easy to swipe away smudges.
3. No time to wash your face? Blot with a towel, then an oil-blotting paper to help get rid of leftover grime or sweat.
4. A cheek stain is easy to apply, blends into skin to extend your post-workout flush, and can also be used on lips. Try Tarte Cheek Stain ($30).
5. Use a wide headband to keep flyaways out of your face. If it leaves a crease, spritz on a volumizing dry shampoo and work with your fingertips to reshape the messy hair.
The Barre Code, five locations in Chicago; thebarrecode.com