Uh-oh, time for the annual panic that August is here and our blissful days on the beach are numbered. Make every minute count: Here’s everything you need to do to soak up the last full month of summer.
1. Sweat it out at the “Coachella of fitness,” Bandier’s Southampton Sweat on August 5—a day of fashion, fitness, music and wellness.
2. Listen to music every Monday night in Montauk at the Summer Concerts on the Green concert series.
3. Take in the enchanting ballet Peter and the Wolf on August 1 at the Children’s Museum of the East End.
6. Bring a beach chair or a blanket and catch one of the Hamptons International Film Festival’s free outdoor screenings in Montauk, East Hampton or Southampton through August.
7. Join the Hamptons paddle board race in the morning before donning pink for a party to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation on August 5.
8. Calling all history buffs: Head to the Mulford Farm Museum on August 5 for a day of colonial crafts, games and demonstrations from Revolutionary War reenactors. (How very Stars Hollow.)
9. A caravan of New York City and Long Island food trucks descend on Bridgehampton for the Great Food Truck Derby on August 11. Come hungry.
10. Hobnob with big-deal authors (like novelist Alexandra Kleeman, SoulCycle queen Stacey Griffith and Mr. and Mrs. Baldwin) and pick up some new reads during the East Hampton Library’s Authors Night on August 12.
11. Hunt for diamonds in the rough at the Montauk Historical Society Craft Fair on Aug. 12 and 13.
12. Nerd out at the Hamptons International Film Festival’s SummerDocs series.
13. Curious about the Watermill Center? Check out the stunning eight-acre art and science nonprofit during the free Discover Watermill Day on August 13.
14. Indulge your inner sailor and spend a day on the water in a rented yacht from GetMyBoat.
15. Party at EMP Summerhouse when Nibble+Squeak pops up on August 19 for a family-friendly party under a tent.
16. Join your fellow Hamptonites for “An Intimate Evening Under the Stars” on August 19, which includes dinner, drinks and a private performance by Michael Bolton, all to raise awareness for domestic violence victims.
17. Dreams do come true: Now’s your chance to hang out with everyone’s favorite hostess during the East Hampton Historical Society’s Garden Party with Ina on August 19.
18. Head to the North Fork and stuff yourself with delicious Italian food at chef Frank DeCarlo’s new Barba Bianca after walking around always-charming Greenport.
19. Perfect your tree pose at the new BYoga Studio in Montauk, which offers vinyasa and community events.
20. Take us out to the ballgame—more specifically, the 69th Annual Artists & Writers Softball Game on August 19, one of the longest-running traditions on the East End. You’ll get to watch celebs step up to the plate (past sluggers have included Alec Baldwin and Martha Stewart).
21. Try on gorgeous Italian-made sneakers when M.Gemi rolls into town, hawking shoes and sweets out of a vintage gelato truck (at AYR Sag Harbor on August 20, Montauk Beach House on August 26 and the Hamptons Classic from August 27 to September 3).
22. Make those beach selfies summer memories last forever by framing your snaps when Framebridge pops up at MRKT Hamptons in Amagansett through August 20.
23. Saddle up for the annual Hampton Classic from August 27 to September 3.
24. Try the cathartic full-body workout The Class by Taryn Toomey when the cult-favorite bicoastal studio pops up in various Hamptons locations through September 4.
25. Check out live reggae music while catching unreal sunsets at East Hampton Point every Sunday at the waterfront bar.