Absolutely Everything Fun to Do in Miami This Spring
Springtime is the best time in Miami. To prove it, we did a little digging and came up with 19 events—concerts, food fests, museum crawls and more—to fill your calendar for the next three months. Behold, your ultimate spring to-do list.
1. Between the new Hard Rock Stadium location, the adrenaline-pumping matches, the multifaceted spectator campus and the uber-luxurious add-ons, we have no doubt this year’s Miami Open will be one to remember. March 18 to 31
2. Our absolute favorite beer event is finally here: FemAle Brew Fest, which celebrates women in the beer industry. Enjoy an afternoon of suds while learning from the best female brewers in the game. March 23
3. Calling all electronic-music lovers: Miami Music Week returns at the end of March, bringing a slew of world-renowned DJs and musicians to the city’s clubs, concert halls and other venues (March 25 to 31). The week of performances also coincides with the first-ever Ultra Music Festival on Virginia Key (March 29 to 31).
4. A change of season calls for a new slate of brunches to try over the next three months. These new spots are a welcome break from the same old eggs-and-pancakes routine.
5. Take a mini trip overseas with Miami Beach Botanical Garden’s annual Japanese Spring Festival. The one-day event will be packed with culture, from tea ceremonies and drumming performances to floral-design workshops and origami lessons. March 31
6. Delicious local seafood, celebrity chef demos and live music—it’s all happening at the 14th annual Deering Seafood Festival, which will feature eats from Miami’s best, including Golden Rule Seafood and Don Camarón. March 31
7. Put on your best rainbow ensemble and participate in the weeklong Miami Beach Pride Festival, culminating with the parade on April 7. April 1 to 7
8. If you’ve ever wanted to visit every museum in the city, here’s your chance. Soak up as much culture as possible during Miami Attraction and Museum Months, when you can create your own culture crawl with favorites such as the PAMM and HistoryMiami at discounted rates. April 1 to May 30
9. Springtime means another round of Miami’s craft beer fest Sprung! You’ll sip on South Florida’s tastiest local brews (more than 300 varieties, to be exact) while munching on snacks from food trucks and listening to live music. April 6
10. Three words: Hamburger House Party. Sample bottomless burgers as Miami’s best restaurants compete to win the people’s choice burger award. Wash it down with beer and wine, and don’t leave without dessert. April 6
11. More than two dozen restaurants (Glass & Vine, Batch Gastropub, Root & Bone) plus nearly a dozen wine and spirit producers will band together to host Miami’s biggest and booziest brunch party of the year. Yep, you’re gonna want to get tickets to New Times’ Out to Brunch 2019 ASAP. April 13
12. Remember when we told you about Artechouse last December during Art Basel? The high-tech Instagram playground is actually open year-round. Consider this the perfect place to hang out in when Miami experiences one of its notorious spring showers downpours.
13. How does spending a weekend immersed in all things sweet sound? The SoFlo Cake & Candy Expo returns, featuring top-shelf (and discounted) baking supplies, demos and hands-on classes—aka everything you could ever need to replicate your own episode of The Great British Baking Show. April 26 to 28
14. Permission granted to dust off your festival gear (hello, maxi skirts and flower crowns) to go to Florida’s largest waterfront music and art festival, SunFest. Keith Urban, Bebe Rexha, One Republic and Diplo are just a few of the stars lined up to perform. May 2 to 5
15. BYO koozie for Brew at the Zoo. Drink “around the world” as the city’s best local brewers, along with a handful of international brands, unite for an evening of beers and small bites. May 11
16. Eat and drink your way through Taste of the Nation. Restaurants like KYU, Fooq’s and Bourbon Steak will serve up small bites while bartenders mix handcrafted cocktails—all in support of Share Our Strength’s “No Kid Hungry” campaign. May 17
17. What rhymes with fun? Rum—well, kinda. Anyway, for plenty of both, check out the Miami Rum Fest, featuring the best varieties from the U.S., Caribbean, and Central and South America, along with seminars, awards and a trade expo. May 17 to 18
18. Feast your eyes on the prettiest orchids from around the world as the Redland International Orchid Festival takes over Homestead’s Fruit & Spice Park for three days of flower power. May 17 to 19
19. Have one epic girls’ night by going to see Ariana Grande in concert, and say “thank u, next” to the season as you roll into summer. May 31 to June 1