We've already discussed the things that make you a true Dallasite. So today we'd just like to talk about how much we love living in this city. "How much?" you ask? So damn much. Here, 17 reasons why living in Dallas is the absolute best.
17. We have teams in every major professional sport (football! baseball! basketball! hockey! soccer!), so you can root for the home team all year-round.
16. Have you been to NorthPark lately? It’s seriously the best mall in America.
15. We have more restaurants per capita than any other city in the nation. (Take that, NYC.)
14. Our housing market is hot.
13. SMU boasts the fanciest cocktail party every game day. True, it’s called Boulevarding, but we’ll take it.
12. You can fly direct to far-flung exotic locales, from Dubai to Hawaii, thanks to the American Airlines hub at DFW and Virgin America at Love Field.
11. And we can also be sipping umbrella-adorned cocktails on the beaches of Cancun and Cozumel within two hours.
10. There are four Trader Joe’s stores just in Dallas proper, and a fifth one isopening mid-October in Far North Dallas.
9. A man named Stanley established the nation’s first luxury department store in Downtown Dallas. You've heard of Neiman Marcus, right?
8. For a city of our size, traffic isn't so bad.
7. Our skyline--with the iconic Reunion Tower and an I. M. Pei-designed building--is hard to beat.
6. The cost of living is low and employment rate is high. Need we say more?
5. The Dallas Arts District is the largest contiguous urban arts district in the nation, spanning 68 acres and 19 blocks.
4. Gas has dipped well below $2 per gallon. (And we hope it stays that way.)
3. The State Fair of Texas hosts a month-long celebration right here in Dallas--not in the state’s capital.
2. Low to zero humidity means most days are great hair days.
1. And the number one reason why Dallas is the best: It's not Houston. Discuss.