13 Reasons Fall in Dallas Is the Best
Boots and cooler temps are just the beginning
Guys, we’ve earned this. The arrival of fall, that is. So break out your ankle boots and pour yourself a Punkel, and let’s discuss the 13 reasons why autumn in Dallas is the best season.
1. Hear the Flaming Lips while imbibing craft beers at the Untapped Music & Beer festival on November 7.
2. You can finally bust out the fall wardrobe you?ve been hoarding in your closet since before the State Fair. (Seriously, this was the hottest State Fair in history.)
3. Shop eclectic finds and artisanal wares at the Dallas Flea on Saturday, November 7.
4. See some serious house porn during the 39th Annual Lakewood Home Festival on November 14 and 15. What could be better than sipping hot apple cider while perusing the latest in yuppie interior design?
5. Get a jump on holiday shopping (with a 20 percent discount) using a Partners Card from October 30 through November 8.
6. Catch Kobe Bryant’s last hurrah in Dallas when the Lakers play the Mavericks on November 13 at the AAC.
7. Find the holiday spirit starting on November 12 with ICE! at the Gaylord. This year the hand-carved ice creations will have a Nutcracker theme.
8. Take in all the autumn wonders at the Dallas Arboretum, which will feature more than 75,000 pumpkins and gourds now through November 25.
9. Sip a Lakewood Brewing Punkel--a pumpkin-pie-flavored Dunkel beer. (For real, it’s way better than just any old bottle of pumpkin ale.)
10. Start training for the November 26 Turkey Trot, because nothing makes more sense than running for a good cause on Thanksgiving Day before eating yourself into a turkey-and-all-the-dressings-induced food coma.