Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you should know by now that exfoliating your skin is one of the best ways to improve its texture. This simple practice removes dead skin cells from the outer layers of your epidermis in order to unclog pores, brighten skin and allow products, such as lotion, to penetrate deeper. And it becomes especially important during the wintertime, when skin tends to be at its dullest and your poor, parched legs are practically screaming for some moisture. That's where exfoliating gloves come in. These cold weather heroes will buff away your top layer of dead cells, excess oil and impurities to reveal the new, radiant layer of skin underneath—and we've done our due diligence to find 10 of the best pairs to do just that.
10 of the Best Exfoliating Gloves for Your Softest Skin Yet
What Are Exfoliating Gloves?
As a physical exfoliant, or a manual tool that works to slough away cells, these beauty accessories are a fun, convenient and budget-friendly way to get the job done. Basically, their rough texture flicks away flakes as you wear them comfortably over your hand for ultimate exfoliating control. Their design also allows them to cover large areas, including the arms, legs and back, without being too harsh on the skin.
What Is The Best Material For Exfoliating Gloves?
- Nylon: The most common type of exfoliating glove material, this synthetic fiber is durable and resistant to abrasion and water damage, making it a reliable, long-lasting choice.
- Silk: Silk fibers help lock in moisture, rarely cause irritation and are hypoallergenic, making them ideal for those who are prone to allergies. That means they'll be a good option for those who are cautious about dipping their toes in the exfoliating universe.
- Cotton: This inexpensive fabric is great for removing dead surface skin cells for a healthy glow when it is textured, thick and layered, giving it enough oomph to work its exfoliating magic.
- Rayon: If you are choosing a synthetic glove, stick to viscose, which more closely mimics natural fibers, making it less rough on the skin.
- Microfiber: A microfiber cloth naturally kills bacteria, absorbs dirt, grime and oil without the use of chemicals, aiding in the exfoliation process before its surface ever even touches your skin, leaving it smooth, soft and glowing.
How to Use Exfoliating Gloves
Meant to be used in the shower, these gloves work best when fully wet, ideally with warm water that will open up your pores. Squeeze a few drops of your body wash of choice onto the gloves and spread it over your body in gentle circular motions, then rinse yourself off fully. Be sure to follow it up with your favorite body lotion post-shower to lock in moisture and prevent future dry, cracked skin.
Keep in mind that due to its coarseness, an exfoliating glove can potentially be overused and lead to irritation. As such, it is recommended to use these babies no more than once or twice a week.
How To Clean Exfoliating Gloves
To prevent yucky bacteria that can increase your risk of infection from forming in your gloves, make sure to squeeze out any excess water and hang them out to dry before storing them. You can clean them by rinsing them out with warm water and soap, or toss them into the washing machine for the most effective results. Overall, most exfoliating gloves last about a month before it's time to spring for a new pair.
The Best Exfoliating Gloves at a Glance
- Most Versatile Exfoliating Gloves: EvridWear Exfoliating Gloves
- Best Cotton Exfoliating Gloves: AfterSpa Exfoliating Gloves
- Best Clean Exfoliating Gloves: Beauty by Earth Exfoliating Gloves
- Best Silk Exfoliating Gloves: Healm Exfoliating Gloves
- Best Microfiber Exfoliating Gloves: Natural Elephant Hammam Exfoliating Gloves
- Most Durable Exfoliating Gloves: Earth Therapeutics Exfoliating Hydro Gloves
- Best Exfoliating Mitts: Seraphic Skincare Exfoliating Mitts
- Best Hammam Exfoliating Gloves: Zakia's Morocco The Original Kessa Hammam Exfoliating Glove
- Best Exfoliating Gloves for Ingrown Hairs: Fur Exfoliating and Clarifying Mitt Trio
- Best Cheap Exfoliating Gloves: EcoTools Exfoliating Gloves
1. Evridwear Exfoliating Gloves
Most Versatile Exfoliating Gloves
- Why We Love Them: 3 exfoliation surfaces, fit most hands
Made with 100 percent nylon, these one-size-fits-all gloves come in one of three exfoliation surfaces—light, moderate or heavy—according to your skin's needs. The company claims that using these gloves can help to increase your blood flow, which is thought to be linked to a reduction in the appearance of cellulite.
2. Afterspa Exfoliating Gloves
Best Cotton Exfoliating Gloves
- Why We Love Them: 100 percent cotton
Thanks to the textured, 100 percent cotton construction of these exfoliating gloves, they'll not only efficiently buff your bod, the company recommends using them before self tanner to increase the effectiveness of the product. You'll get the most out of them when using them in the shower and making small, circular motions on your skin.
3. Beauty By Earth Exfoliating Gloves
Best Clean Exfoliating Gloves
- Why We Love Them: Organic, not super rough
If dull, flaky skin is your foe, but you're not into harsh chemical exfoliants, then you'll want to check out these organic gloves, which come with a medium textured surface for the perfect scrub. They manage to not be too harsh on sensitive skin while still getting the job done, allowing for a rejuvenated, brighter complexion.
4. Healm Exfoliating Gloves
Best Silk Exfoliating Gloves
- Why We Love Them: Raw silk, high-quality
These exfoliating gloves are unique because they're made with 100 percent raw silk reeled from two or more entangled cocoons in the weft. The company claims that this provides for a more exfoliating and revitalizing scrub when used in a gentle-yet-deep massage. It also keeps them effective without being too harsh.
5. Natural Elephant Hammam Exfoliating Gloves
Best Microfiber Exfoliating Gloves
- Why We Love Them: Intense abrasion, durable
Claiming to emulate microdermabrasion for the body, this company's durable and coarse microfiber exfoliating gloves remove impurities for an overall smoother look and feel to the skin. Reviewers have been praising the product for its intense abrasive qualities, however, meaning it may not be ideal for those with extra sensitive skin.
6. Earth Therapeutics Exfoliating Hydro Gloves
Most Durable Exfoliating Gloves
- Why We Love Them: Antimicrobial, derm- and allergy-tested
Because they are woven with antimicrobial properties that can help to eliminate bacteria, these exfoliating gloves will stay fresher longer. They’re also dermatologist- and allergy-tested, making them a reliable selection for those with skin that reacts unpredictably to new products.
7. Seraphic Skincare Exfoliating Mitts
Best Exfoliating Mitts
- Why We Love Them: Strong grip, aesthetician-developed
Bumpy skin won't stand a chance against these intensely gripping Korean exfoliating gloves, which take the cake over loofahs any day. Developed by aestheticians, they can be wet to activate their rough texture before they are used to polish your skin two to four times a month for your silkiest legs yet. They also double as self-tanning mitts.
8. Zakia's Morocco The Original Kessa Hammam Exfoliating Gloves
Best Hammam Exfoliating Gloves
- Why We Love Them: Natural, tried-and-true
Rectangular, fingerless mitts, like this natural option, are regularly used in hammams, or Turkish steam baths. According to the company, it will help you expose the healthy part of your skin when used at least twice a month. The brand even claims that this glove can even help make tattoos look more clear and fresh! And with nearly 7,500 5-Star ratings on Amazon, many customers seem to be satisfied with the way their skin looks and feels. Pair it with some organic argan oil for some serious moisturizing effects.
9. Fur Exfoliating And Clarifying Mitt Trio
Best Exfoliating Gloves for Ingrown Hairs
- Why We Love Them: Trusted brand, work in sensitive areas
Developed by the holy grail of ingrown hair brands, these cotton-and-nylon textured mitts fit conveniently over your fingers to buff away at sensitive areas. They come with two sides: one with a softer texture for more delicate skin for a gentle exfoliating process, and one with a rougher side for stubborn spots that need buffing (ahem, your bikini line).
10. Ecotools Exfoliating Gloves
Best Cheap Exfoliating Gloves
- Why We Love Them: Good value, cruelty-free, recycled material
Bring the spa home for less than $5 with these soft, gentle, cruelty-free exfoliating gloves that are made from recycled materials. They come two to a pack and even have a hanging ribbon to make drying—and keeping track of them—a super easy process.