Wouldn’t it be nice to try the latest trending face mask or cleanser without fear of your skin reacting? If you have sensitive skin, trying new products often feels like a gamble, which is why we’ve put together a guide of 10 tried-and-true skincare products that are specifically formulated to soothe even the most sensitive complexions.
The 10 Best Products for Sensitive Skin
The Best Skincare Products for Sensitive Skin At a Glance
- Best Makeup Remover: La Roche-Posay Ultra Micellar Cleansing Water
- Best Cleanser: CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser
- Best Toner: Bubble Bounce Back Balancing Toner Mist
- Best Serum: Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief
- Best Face Moisturizer: First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration
- Best Face Mask: Ren Clean Skincare Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask
- Best Face Oil: Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil
- Best Sunscreen: Clinique Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Fluid for Face
- Best Body Cleanser: Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar
- Best Body Moisturizer: Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Best Makeup Remover
1. La Roche-Posay Ultra Micellar Cleansing Water
Do makeup removers labeled as “sensitive” still sting the delicate skin around your eyes? This micellar water will be your saving grace. It’s the perfect first step in a double-cleanse routine because it gently removes sunscreen and makeup without stinging your eyes or stripping the skin.
Best Face Wash
2. CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser
This derm-approved brand is popular amongst sensitive skin types because each product is fragrance-free and formulated with their signature blend of hydrating ceramides. This particular cleanser gained cult status when influencer Hyram raved about it in a number of his YouTube videos. We love the creamy formula because it gently cleans the skin without ever leaving it dry or tight.
3. Bubble Bounce Back Balancing Toner Mist
Does your skin need a mid-day reset? This toner from Bubble will instantly refresh your complexion with its unique blend of sea water, sodium PCA and willow bark extract. These ingredients also calm redness and increase radiance, so you can throw it in your bag to glow on-the-go.
4. Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief
This gentle serum from Krave Beauty calms any sensitivity caused by a damaged skin barrier. The proprietary blend features nourishing tamanu oil and niacinamide to soothe irritation and restore the skin’s barrier. These natural emollients also add a soft, lit-from-within glow to your complexion.
5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration
This moisturizing cream is a go-to pick for those with sensitive skin. It contains soothing colloidal oatmeal, calming allantoin and moisturizing shea butter to quench parched skin and leave it feeling smooth and hydrated.
Best Face Mask
6. Ren Clean Skincare Evercalm Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask
Another clean beauty gem, this comforting face mask comes highly recommended by another PureWow editor who has sensitive skin. White mushroom extract and arnica team up to significantly reduce redness after just one application. These ingredients also work to replenish the moisture barrier, balance skin tone, and protect against environmental stressors.
Best Face Oil
7. Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil
Blessed with sensitive skin and recurring breakouts? (Same!) This luxurious oil is about to become your new best friend. The star ingredient is blue tansy, an anti-inflammatory essential oil that reduces redness and clarifies pores. Plus, the deep blue bottle looks absolutely stunning on your vanity.
8. Clinique Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Fluid for Face
Sunscreen is an essential step in every skincare routine. If you have sensitive skin, a mineral sunscreen is your best bet (chemical SPFs have the potential to cause irritation.) This pick from Clinique blends in seamlessly and imparts a luminous glow onto the skin.
Best Body Wash
9. Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar
The classic Dove beauty bar has been a shower staple for many years. This version is formulated with the same ¼ moisturizing cream to deeply hydrate and gently cleanse your body but is completely fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.
Best Body Moisturizer
10. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
If you have dry skin, it’s likely that this staple from Cetaphil already has a spot on your vanity. Thanks to its blend of glycerin, niacinamide, and vitamin E, the velvety cream nourishes itchy, dry skin for a full 48 hours.