You may not be Beyoncé, but you can say you “woke up like this.” And by this, we mean with dewy and hydrated skin. Now, you don’t need a 12-step skincare routine or a snazzy facial to achieve this glow. All you’ll need is an overnight face mask to do all the heavy lifting while you snooze.
The 20 Best Overnight Face Masks to Enhance Your Beauty Sleep
What’s an overnight face mask?
Whether you fall into the dry, combo or oily skin category, an overnight face mask can address your skin concerns while you’re getting your much-needed beauty sleep (no rinsing involved).
“Overnight masks are designed to be used as the final step of your nighttime skin regimen, sealing in any facial serums, creams and oils,” says Dr. Hadley King, a board-certified dermatologist in New York. “Masks tend to contain more intense hydrators in combination with anti-aging ingredients and enhance the penetration of other active ingredients.” So while a good moisturizer or night cream is necessary for day to day skincare, an overnight face mask might be just the thing you need for a hydrating boost.
How to Choose the Right Overnight Face Mask
When looking for the right overnight face mask, ask yourself what skincare concern you want to address most. Are you looking to seal moisture in? Try the Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask. Want brighter skin? Consider the Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask. Or, do you want a bit of everything? Check out our favorite, the Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask, which exfoliates, clarifies and plumps the skin. (Plus, the raving reviews are a major bonus.)
Also consider the ingredients. Dr. King explains that your skin type and skin concerns play a big role in finding what ingredients work best for you. For dry skin that can mean ceramides and argan oil to increase moisture and repair the skin’s moisture barrier. For oily or acne-prone skin, finding a lightweight (but hydrating) pick that has hyaluronic acid or squalene can keep skin smooth without clogging pores. There are also other popular ingredients that work for all skin types like rice extract, snail mucin, niacinamide and centella asiatica.
How often should you use an overnight face mask?
Dr. King suggests using a mask once or twice a week for best results. After washing your face, apply a thin layer over your skin as the final step of your routine before you hit the hay. Let the overnight mask work its magic while you sleep and simply rinse it off in the morning.
Ready to shop? We found 20 of the best overnight face masks for every skin type and concern.
The Best Overnight Face Masks
- Best Overall: Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask
- Best for Dry Skin: Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask
- Best for Combination Skin: Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask
- Best for Dull Skin: Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask
- Best for Oily Skin: Bliss Green Tea Wonder Clarifying Overnight Gel Mask
- Best for Sensitive Skin: CosRx Propolis Honey Overnight Mask
- Best for Mature Skin: Elemis Peptide4 Plumping Pillow Facial
- Best for Irritated Skin: Dr. Brandt Hydro Biotic Recovery Sleeping Mask
- Best for Dewy Skin: Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
- Best for Acne-Prone Skin: Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Sleepair Intensive Mask
- Most Lightweight: Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask
- Best for Firming: Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask
- Most Hydrating: Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Face Mask
- Best Clean Formula: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Rehydrating Mask
- Best for Redness: Skinfix Redness Recovery+ Antioxidant Redness Treatment Overnight Mask
- Best for Fine Lines: Saturday Skin Yuzu Vitamin C Sleep Mask
- The Fan Favorite: Cocokind Resurfacing Sleep Mask
- Best Drugstore: Botanics Simply Calm Hydrating Overnight Mask
- Best Splurge: Sisley Paris Velvet Sleeping Mask
- The Dermatologist-Approved Pick: Carter + Jane The Everything Oil Sleep Repair Mask
1. Glow Recipe Watermelon + Aha Glow Sleeping Mask
- Pros: Exfoliates and brightens skin, vegan formula, great for all skin types
- Cons: Expensive, sticky consistency, not great for super dry skin
What do you get when you mix watermelon, hyaluronic acid and AHAs? A hydrating mask that exfoliates and refines the look of pores, while brightening and smoothing your skin overnight. With over 1,000+ 5-star reviews, we completely understand why it’s a cult-favorite for all skin types and has been for years.
2. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask
Best for Dry Skin
- Pros: Vegan formula, leaves skin smooth and soft, great for dryness
- Cons: Small bottle, strong scent
If you’re dealing with very dry skin, look no further than this overnight hydrating mask. It’s packed with healthy fats, nutrients and H2O for soft, supple skin. The avocado butter, hyaluronic acid and Swiss Glacier water combo keeps your skin plump and nourished all day (and night).
3. Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask
Best for Combination Skin
- Pros: Lightweight, absorbs well, has a subtle scent
- Cons: Not great for super dry skin, thick texture
This sleeping mask uses snail slime extract (yup, you read that right) to soften the appearance of acne scars, pores and fine lines, while preventing future breakouts, which is a must for combo skin. The key ingredient works alongside baobab tree extract and deep-sea water to keep your skin hydrated and healthy. Plus, it has a subtle cucumber scent that won’t overwhelm even those with sensitive noses.
4. Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask
Best for Dull Skin
- Pros: Firms and brightens skin, vegan formula, improves dull and uneven skin tone
- Cons: Heavy consistency, expensive, might not be good for sensitive skin
We can never get enough vitamin C and this dream mask has plenty of it. Add some maqui, hylauronic acid and squalene to the mix and you’ll be saying goodbye to dull skin in no time. The formula brightens and hydrates, so you wake up with glowy skin. It also includes a superberry blend that lends a pleasant fruity scent.
5. Bliss Green Tea Wonder Clarifying Overnight Gel Mask
Best for Oily Skin
- Pros: Balances the skin, prevents breakouts and clogged pores, cooling finish
- Cons: Sticky consistency, slight transfer
When azelaic acid, green tea extract and aloe leaf juice is involved, expect a super deep cleanse overnight. This clarifying combo improves your overall complexion by tightening pores and absorbing excess oils. The gel mask is a great exfoliator that removes any dead skin cells and leaves you with a smoother surface to start your day on a brighter note (literally).
6. Cosrx Propolis Honey Overnight Mask
Best for Sensitive Skin
- Pros: Gentle formula, lightweight, cooling finish
- Cons: Small packaging
Thanks to the pure propolis and honey extracts, this overnight mask combats dryness, reduces the appearance of blemishes and redness and boosts hydration. The gel texture makes it easy to spread onto your skin and is a great pick for sensitive skin, as it contains only gentle ingredients (like honey, beeswax and hyaluronic acid) that doesn’t cause irritation or breakouts.
7.Elemis Peptide4 Plumping Pillow Facial
Best for Mature Skin
- Pros: Cooling finish, refreshes skin, stimulates healthy skin cell regeneration
- Cons: Strong scent, pricey
Can’t make it to the spa often? That’s where this ‘facial-in-a-jar” comes in. Formulated with a botanical blend (ylang-ylang, sweet orange and jasmine) and peptide4, it prevents moisture loss and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The cooling gel feels nice going on and leaves you looking more radiant and refreshed in the morning.
8. Dr. Brandt Hydro Biotic Recovery Sleeping Mask
Best for Irritated Skin
- Pros: Hypoallergenic, balances the skin, lightweight
- Cons: Pricey
Is irritation one of your main concerns? Slather on this antioxidant-rich mask before bed and wake up to calmer skin by morning. The gel formula features ceramides, fatty acids and hydrating extracts (like honey, tamarino extract and boswellia) to soothe and repair compromised skin.
9. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
Best for Dewy Skin
- Pros: Best for dry and dull skin, dewy finish, lightweight
- Cons: Not great for oily skin
Let this gel mask help you recharge with its mixture of squalene, primrose extracts and calming scents (like orange flower, rose and sandalwood). Swipe it on once a week in place of your nighttime moisturizer to boost hydration and improve your natural glow.
10. Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Sleepair Intensive Mask
Best for Acne-Prone Skin
- Pros: Great for all skin types, soothing, improves skin texture
- Cons: Not great for super sensitive skin
If you need a refresh, check out this intensive mask that’s packed with a host of herbs, minerals, humectants and probiotics to soothe and moisturize your skin. The key ingredient—centella asiastica—is a flowering plant that’s known for its ability to calm irritation, while reducing redness and breakouts.
11. Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask
- Pros: Great for dry skin, absorbs well, boosts hydration
- Cons: Super thick texture, not great for super oily skin
This sleeping mask helps dry skin look and feel softer, while being refreshingly cooling. Its lightweight formula features hyaluronic acid and herbs like Lady’s Mantle and Scottish Heather to hydrate and soothe your skin. We especially love the jelly-like texture that makes it easy to apply without feeling overly greasy or sticky.
12. Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask
Best for Firming
- Pros: Firms skin, glowy finish, boosts hydration
- Cons: Pricey, thick texture
Want a more lifted visage? This firming mask is infused with black tea extract, peptides and hyaluronic acid to improve the elasticity of your skin, while also maintaining its moisture. The brand recommends applying a generous amount to the face and neck (about a quarter-size) for best results.
13. Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Face Mask
- Pros: Oil-free formula, intense moisture, great for all skin types
- Cons: Not great for super sensitive skin
Your skin naturally goes into repair mode while you sleep, and this super creamy mask can help. The oil-free formula features shea butter, glycerin and mango seed butter, among other hydrating ingredients to replenish moisture and restore your glow overnight.
14. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Overnight Rehydrating Mask
Best Clean Formula
- Pros: Fragrance-free, great for dry skin, clean formula
- Cons: Thick and waxy consistency, heavy for some skin types
When “rehydrating” is in the name, you expect this mask to really bring hydration back to dry skin—and it does. The squalane and glacial glycoprotein blend locks in moisture overnight. The balm-to-oil texture melts into your skin without leaving a greasy residue behind on your pillow. (It’s also a great pick if you’re trying to get into the slugging game.) Plus, the formula is fragrance-free, so it’s a win-win for all skin types.
15. Skinfix Redness Recovery+ Antioxidant Redness Treatment Overnight Mask
Best for Redness
- Pros: Reduces redness, fragrance-free and improves fine lines and wrinkles
- Cons: Pricey, not great for super dry or sensitive skin
Goodbye, redness! A mix of honey and green tea is a match made in mask heaven. The creamy-gel mask works overnight to calm and soothe the skin, while reducing irritation and dryness.
16. Saturday Skin Yuzu Vitamin C Sleep Mask
16. Saturday Skin Yuzu Vitamin C Sleep Mask
Best for Fine Lines
- Pros: Lightweight formula, improve dryness and dullness, refines skin texture
- Cons: Slightly sticky consistency, not great for sensitive skin
This lightweight mask targets a few skin concerns like dullness, enlarged pores, texture and aging. The core ingredient—Yuzu fruit—contains three times more vitamin C than other citruses to enhance your natural glow. The mask is also infused with niacinamide and a low dose of retinol to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and uneven tone.
17. Cocokind Resurfacing Sleep Mask
The Fan Favorite
- Pros: Clean ingredients and packaging, improves skin texture and tone
- Cons: Not great if sensitive to retinol
This skincare brand is everyone’s favorite to show off on TikTok and we can add this resurfacing sleep mask to the list of MVPs. The retinol-based treatment improves skin tone and texture over time, while reducing any signs of fatigue and aging. Bakuchiol, wild indigo extract, beta-glucan (derived from oats) and squalane work together to calm, hydrate and protect the skin against future damage.
18. Botanics Simply Calm Hydrating Overnight Mask
- Pros: Vegan formula, great for dry and acne-prone skin,
- Cons: Slight pillow transfer, thick consistency
Cannabis-infused beauty products have been trending lately, so it’s no surprise that it’s the key ingredient in this drugstore pick. The CBD mask also includes argan oil and avocado oil to further calm and treat stressed out, dry skin. Plus, essential oils (like lavender and rosemary) give it a soothing scent that’s especially welcome before bedtime.
19. Sisley Paris Velvet Sleeping Mask
- Pros: Sweet scent, rich texture, smooth and silky finish
- Cons: Pricey, small packaging
Yes, the price tag is worth it if it means getting more radiant, softer and smoother skin. Bedtime means your skin is in repair mode and this sleeping mask will make sure to keep things on the right track. The thyme honey and shea butter combo replenishes your skin even if you’re tossing and turning. Plus, the saffron flowers provide a calming scent.
20. Carter + Jane The Everything Oil Sleep Repair Mask
The Dermatologist-Approved Pick
- Pros: Natural ingredients, great for all skin types, safe retinol alternative
- Cons: Pricey
This oil-based mask gets a stamp of approval from Dr. King. The treatment contains pear seed avocado and sweet almond oils, and aloe vera to brighten skin overnight. But it’s the bakuchiol that Dr. King can’t stop raving about: “Bakuchiol activates the genes that regulate collagen and elastin production—the same ones retinol activates,” she explains. “It doesn't seem to irritate and redden skin the way retinol often does, so it appears to be a gentler option for those who can’t tolerate retinol.”