#WCW: Charlize Theron
7 reasons why she’s an absolute boss
If there's a bright spot in the Sony hack scandal, it's that the mind-blowing gender wage gap made headlines thanks to our ultimate girl crush Charlize Theron.
The actress promptly negotiated a multimillion-dollar raise, equalizing her pay to co-star Chris Hemsworth's and setting a precedent for underpaid women everywhere.
So in celebration of Theron saying Oh, hell no and rightfully demanding equal pay for equal work, let's revisit seven other times when the South African bombshell was a total boss:
1) After getting her start in modeling, she won a scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet and moved to New York to dance in "Swan Lake" and "The Nutcracker."
2) Shortly thereafter, a knee injury derailed her dancing career--so at age 19 she bought a one-way ticket to Hollywood to become an actress.
3) In 2003, she nabbed best actress awards for her starring role in Monster at the Oscars, Silver Bears, Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild.
4) She founded the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project (CTAOP) in 2007 to support African youth in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
5) She's repeatedly, publicly championed equal rights for all.
6) In 2008, she was named a United Nations Messenger of Peace for her work on preventing AIDS and violence against women.
7) She's earned love, respect and even landed a hug from the late, great Nelson Mandela.