#WCW: Amal Clooney
8 reasons why we find her fascinating (George not included)
As you've probably heard, Amal Clooney (née Alamuddin) was recently named the most fascinating person of 2014 by Barbara Walters for the following reasons: her beauty, style and marriage to a certain A-list, nuptial-denouncing actor.
News flash: Amal has way more amazing accolades that deserve celebration.
Below, eight reasons we're crushing on the brilliant powerhouse--none of which have anything to do with her spouse.
1) At just 36, she's a partner at the prestigious London-based law firm, Doughty Street Chambers, where she specializes in international law, human rights and extradition.
2) She received an undergraduate degree from Oxford and a law degree from NYU (where she worked closely with the now-Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor).
3) Her client list includes former UN Security General Kofi Annan, Wikileaks whistleblower Julian Assange and former Ukrainian prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko.
4) She speaks fluent English, French and Arabic.
5) In her spare time she serves on the UK's Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative.
6) She's also served as an advisor to the UN, consulting on crises in Syria and Lebanon.
7) She's currently working on one of the most controversial cases in art history--reclaiming sculptures taken from the Parthenon by Britain.
8) Her client in said case is Greece. Yeah, the country.